What's new

Are any of these brushes worth restoring?

I went to an antique store today and saw some brushes that might have some potential to restore. Are any of them worth restoring? I notice that many of you restore "Ever Ready" brushes and I was also wondering why this specific brand? What makes it so special? (The blue brush in the middle is an "Ever Ready") Besides that, are any of the other ones worth restoring? They all cost $5 USD EACH

attachment.php

View attachment 161009

proxy.php

Last edited:
Any brush is worth restoring, if you want to restore it. If you are looking for a way to turn a profit, then no brush is worth restoring...invisible or not...

are any of them worth restoring?

Define "worth". Will you be able to resell at a profit? Doubtful. Will you be able to make some very good brushes for yourself? Absolutely. Will you have the luxury of possibly wrecking one or two as you learn? At that price, absolutely.

My other question is why do many of you restore Ever Ready brushes?

Because there are so many of them out there - they were one of the 2 or 3 leading brands for, what, 50 or so years in the U.S.

And I forgot that they make terrific gifts to give to friends who might want to try this style of shaving.

I showed some one my first restored brush (still only one right now) and they asked me if I was going to sell any. Honestly, the thought never crossed my mind. I think that its fun to get a good brush, that I had some part in creating or giving a new life too. Plus, I will give some to others as I get more done and end up with way too many brushes.

As for your dilemma, I agree that 3,4, and 5 would be the choicest.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
1 and 4. Stick a big soft high loft badger in the tall one for deep bowl cream lathering, and stick a big dense low loft in the short one for soaps and face lathering.

Top Bottom