What's new

Archer is one of us!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Archer Fans:
Being very so cool...Archer and the Gang will be back for Season 8...1940's style and premiers Wednesday, 5 April 17 @ 10:00PM on FXX.
proxy.php

Yoselin Acevedo - Indie Wire - 17 Feb 17

"Archer has reinvented itself once again. The adult animated spy sitcom returns for its eighth season on April 5, this time on FXX. But for this installment, the Adam Reed-created series goes full-blown noir and takes viewers to the 1940s and an imaginary place called Dreamland.

Season 7 saw Sterling Archer and his crew move to Los Angeles to start their own private detective agency. The season finale made it seem like Archer had died. But in season 8, the egotistic detective is alive, though in a coma. Dubbed “Archer: Dreamland,” this new installment takes place in Archer’s head, while he’s still in a coma.

“We’re doing a departure from the norm. I think it’s the most different thing that we’ve done,” Reed told attendees at the series’ Comic-Con panel back in July. “It’s going to be even more serialized than we’ve done in the past.”

Reed also revealed that “Archer is meeting all these characters for the first time in the first episode.” Executive producer Matt Thompson added, “All the characters have changed, but they haven’t changed. It’s really exciting to see Archer walk in and meet Lana for the first time.”

Works Cited: Archer: Dreamland

Archer - 1.jpg
"Archer: Dreamland...very noir". Movie trailer quote

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Archer Fans:
Being very so cool...Archer and the Gang will be back for Season 9..."Archer: Danger Island" premiers Wednesday, 25 April 18 @ 10:00PM on FXX.
proxy.php

Archer_Danger_Island_Official_Poster.jpg

Erik Pedersen - Deadline Hollywood - 28 February 18

"The season will be set in 1939, just as Japan's war with China enters its second year and Germany has just annexed Austria and taken Czechslovakia.

“In the middle of this, seaplane pilot and semi-functioning alcoholic Sterling Archer is drinking, screwing, gambling, and generally bumbling around French Polynesia with a smart-*** parrot named Crackers,” executive producer Matt Thompson explained at the Archer panel. “Welcome to Danger Island.”

Lana is still MIA, as Aisha Tyler's new role will be as a princess. Jessica Walter will still play Sterling's mom Malory Archer - this time, a bar owner - and H. Jon Benjamin will also play Archer as we currently know him, “except that he’s got an eye patch and he’s a sea pilot.” Pam will be Archer's “loyal sidekick and co-pilot", Judy Greer is heiress Charlotte, who initially arrived on the island to celebrate her honeymoon, but “her new husband caught her in bed with Archer and took off.” Chris Parnell will be adopting the German accent this time around to play a Nazi intelligence officer pretending to be a breadfruit exporter, and, hilariously, Lucky Yates will be the voice of Crackers the parrot.

“Last season, we loved it, but things got pretty dark, pretty fast,” said Thompson. “And [Archer creator] Adam Reed had talked about just doing something that’s fun and just having a blast with this season. So we basically stuck all these people on this tiny volcanic island, and we’re just going to have as much as fun as we can, with quicksand, cannibals, super intelligent monkeys, and a volcano, and a talking f**king parrot.”

Works Cited: Archer: Danger Island

Archer - Danger Island - 1.jpg
"Catch that island fever". CBJ

Last edited:
"semi-functioning alcoholic"

Sweet, we've all been there at one time or another.............aint we?

I love Archer cant wait.

Besides Rick and Morty this is the best animated show currently on TV. Great thread and thanks for the heads up on Season 9.

Rick & morty
Atcher

I also enjoy teen titans and regular show. I know its for kids but they just make he laugh.

Another obscure show I like to watch is trailer park boys. Complete opposite of Archers swarve and savvy style.

I'll add that I've had several industrial injuries to the head over the years.

Another obscure show I like to watch is trailer park boys. Complete opposite of Archers swarve and savvy style.

Obscure? Not over here. Growing up we watched TPB as religiously as Hockey Night in Canada. Those boys are national treasures. RIP Mr. Dunsworth.

Glad you’re getting some quality Canadian programming over there.

Cheers.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Archer Fans:
Being very so cool (phrasing!), ...Archer and the Gang will be back for Season 10 (and partying like its 1999),..."Archer: 1999" premiers this Apr/May (I'll keep you posted on exact date & time), on FXX.
proxy.php

Ben Travers - - IndieWire - 20 February 18

"Sterling Archer, voiced by H. Jon Benjamin, will play the co-captain of the USS Figgis. Alongside him is his co-captain and ex-wife Lana Kane (played by Aisha Tyler); the two just went through a “nasty divorce,” so fans can expect more of their trademark heated (and hilarious) bickering.

“Lana is the co-captain and that causes a lot of tension between her and Archer because she owns half the ship,” Willis said.

Mallory (Jessica Walter) will be the ship’s artificial intelligence and a “possible being of pure energy”; Cheryl (Judy Greer) is a hotshot fighter pilot, but she’s not happy about it. “[She] hates it. So she’s always bored with doing what she’s really good at,” Willis said.

Ray (voiced by series creator Adam Reed) is the “loneliest courtesan” in the galaxy, while Pam Poovey (Amber Nash) is a “brutish alienoid.” Finally, the former Dr. Krieger is now a synthetic android [...].

And everyone’s favorite psychopathic cyborg killer Barry will be returning as a space bounty hunter (which is just a regular bounty hunter, but in space), named Barry 6.

Eight episodes are scheduled for Season 10, as the series continues the anthology structure it adopted in 2016. Ever since Archer fell into a coma at the end of Season 7, “Archer” has started telling standalone stories over each season. First came “Dreamland,” which set up the dream scenario that’s used to explain the characters’ new identities and each season’s new setting. Last year, the gang took a trip to “Danger Island,” set in the 1930s and focusing on a pilot who goes searching for buried treasure". [...]

Works Cited: Archer: 1999

proxy.php
"Hey. Space Phrasing!". Sterling Archer

New Archer for April or May......brilliant.

Off topic but just watched the new season of trailer park boys the cartoon. IMHO pretty good way to while away 20 to 24 mins at at time. Oh and I also watched 'The Drunk and On Drugs Happy Funtime Hour '. This genuinely made me laugh out loud. Not for the faint hearted.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Archer Fans:
Being very so cool (phrasing!), ...Archer and the Gang will be back for Season 10 (and partying like its 1999),..."Archer: 1999" premiers this Apr/May (I'll keep you posted on exact date & time), on FXX.
proxy.php

Ben Travers - - IndieWire - 20 February 18

"Sterling Archer, voiced by H. Jon Benjamin, will play the co-captain of the USS Figgis. Alongside him is his co-captain and ex-wife Lana Kane (played by Aisha Tyler); the two just went through a “nasty divorce,” so fans can expect more of their trademark heated (and hilarious) bickering.

“Lana is the co-captain and that causes a lot of tension between her and Archer because she owns half the ship,” Willis said.

Mallory (Jessica Walter) will be the ship’s artificial intelligence and a “possible being of pure energy”; Cheryl (Judy Greer) is a hotshot fighter pilot, but she’s not happy about it. “[She] hates it. So she’s always bored with doing what she’s really good at,” Willis said.

Ray (voiced by series creator Adam Reed) is the “loneliest courtesan” in the galaxy, while Pam Poovey (Amber Nash) is a “brutish alienoid.” Finally, the former Dr. Krieger is now a synthetic android [...].

And everyone’s favorite psychopathic cyborg killer Barry will be returning as a space bounty hunter (which is just a regular bounty hunter, but in space), named Barry 6.

Eight episodes are scheduled for Season 10, as the series continues the anthology structure it adopted in 2016. Ever since Archer fell into a coma at the end of Season 7, “Archer” has started telling standalone stories over each season. First came “Dreamland,” which set up the dream scenario that’s used to explain the characters’ new identities and each season’s new setting. Last year, the gang took a trip to “Danger Island,” set in the 1930s and focusing on a pilot who goes searching for buried treasure". [...]

Works Cited: Archer: 1999
Bump...Archer 1999 premieres on 29 May 19 (ET/PT), @ 10;00PM on FXX.
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Hey. Space Phrasing!". Sterling Archer

Top Bottom