What's new

Aqua Velva Musk or English Leather

Aqua Velva Musk or English Leather

• Aqua Velva Musk

• English Leather

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't need anymore aftershaves but my aftershave addicition is flaring up.

Which of these splashes would you get?

Also I remember smelling Canoe a lot when I was a kid and it smelled good. The reason why I didn't include it is because I don't know where to buy. Does anyone know where to buy it locally? I live in the USA

I wore the AV musk today. It was the first time I had worn it in a long time, and I forgot how nice it smells. Go with it. I never have like EL.

AV musk but I like Jovan Musk even better. It is the only AS/Cologne from when I was a teenager that I'll still wear on occasion.

English Leather.

I have tried Aqua Velva Musk twice, and both times the smell irritated me so much I had to wash it off.

It smells quite disgusting to my nose.

Also I remember smelling Canoe a lot when I was a kid and it smelled good. The reason why I didn't include it is because I don't know where to buy. Does anyone know where to buy it locally? I live in the USA

I would check some of the chain drug store like Rite Aid, and Walgreens. In my area there is a large chain store (Meijer) that is a regional competitor to Wal-Mart, and they stock quite a few of the products in the Dana Classics line.

Last edited:
English Leather.

I have tried Aqua Velva Musk twice, and both times the smell irritated me so much I had to wash it off.

It smells quite disgusting to my nose.

my experience is quite the same - just something about the AV Musk... it's in glass, too! It's all acrid & eye-watering... (and not in that wonderful Osage eye-burning way).

If you can gitcherself some vintage EL - now there's a treat!

proxy.php

Time to Musk up.

I Like them both. Keep them both in the rotation and use the AV as a morning after shave. On weekends and after a late day shower, I'll use the EL.

I'm an English Leather guy, though I am a bit pissed that they apparently make it in China now using fragrance oils imported from the US. Most old timers say the original EL scent was better when it was produced by MEM and this is probably true. However, IMHO compared to AV Musk, English Leather is a much better scent.

I tried AV Musk, the wife hates it, I did not like the burn and to my mind the smell is something a pimp would wear unlike the regular AV Ice Blue, of which I am a fan.

You will be hard pressed to find Canoe off the shelf in the US or here in Canada. I once saw a small bottle in a dollar store in Watertown NY. Like British Sterling mail order is the best option. You can get Canoe from drugstore.com or fragrancex.com usually for a much better price than off the shelf.

You will be hard pressed to find Canoe off the shelf in the US or here in Canada. I once saw a small bottle in a dollar store in Watertown NY. Like British Sterling mail order is the best option. You can get Canoe from drugstore.com or fragrancex.com usually for a much better price than off the shelf.

My local Wal-Mart has both English Leather, and British Sterling Aftershaves in stock. It's stocked on the lowest shelf of the cologne section of course. :lol::lol:

Top Bottom