What's new

AOS Ocean Kelp

I just received a new pack of AOS Ocean Kelp products that include a preshave gel, shave cream, and aftershave lotion. The preshave gel absorbs quickly into the skin and holds in quite a bit of moisture. The shave cream is the best I have tried yet (take this with a grain of salt as all I have tried is AOS lavender cream and soap, T&H trafalgar, and razorock xxx). Protection and lubrication are beyond what I expected as my blade effortlessly glided across my face. This new formulation of shave gel and cream are far better than the preshave oil and cream or soap that AOS has. The scent is very light and refreshing, more of a kelp type of smell than an ocean smell but very refreshing and not overwhelming or lasting after the shave. Again be reminded that I am still within my first 4 months of wet shaving and with a straight razor so take my opinion with a grain of salt as I do not have much experience nor versatility in the wet shaving world.

Any of the AOS soap/creams are good middle of the road stuff well worth the price. I find that any T&H soap/cream better than AOS products in scent and slickness.

I'm not big on ether companies pre-shave oils they work OK but not any better than baby-oil.

Thanks for the review! I've been eyeing the preshave gel and cream for a while now! Hope to hear some more reviews/comments on this line.

I was in the store last week and I just about bought the kelp. My daughters were with us and my wife told me to leave because someone wanted to buy some Christmas presents. Well I received the sandalwood. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't disappointed with the sandalwood. I love the smell.
I guess I'll have to order the kelp

D

Deleted member 48987

The scent of the AOS Ocean Kelp is certainly strange. I inquired about it and was informed that the formulation is really intended for sensitive skin. I'm sure it's a good cream, but anyone thinking about pulling the trigger on ordering it should first test the smell.

I love the smell. It definitely has a kelp, ocean smell, but I also get some citrus. Smells tropical to me. I used it for the first time last night and was wowed by the performance. I had a five day growth and it felt like I was slicing through butter.

I opted to go with Sandalwood as my first AOS scent. Since I liked it so much I grabbed the lavender of ebay and here. But after smelling my friends kelp and reading this I'm seriously thinking about getting it. I may try to grab the cream from AOS and the unscented elsewhere for that line-up. Not sure if I want to drop another 100 bucks on the kit lol.

Top Bottom