What's new

Anyone Tried Rex 1955 or 1966 Soaps?

Has anyone tried either of these two soaps? What did you think of them as far as lather-ability, glide / cushion and post-shave feel?

I have used the 1955 but it's been a couple of months. I had a couple of samples. It was pretty good as I recall. Mrs. StewB is a big fan of the 1955 scent.

I have the Rex 1955 and it is great. An excellent performer, and the scent is really cool - a fresh, masculine old-school floral, with no "grandma's purse" notes.
Looking forward to trying the 1966 when available.

The Razor Emporium non-tallow soap works well for me also. I actually used RE's "Barbershop" soap this morning. It has a nice scent and good slickness.

I steer clear of anything having to do with Razor Emporium. They don’t have a great track record with customer service.
That's unfortunate. I haven't had a problem and personally think their software (soaps, etc.) are good quality and value. The Rex razors seem to have a good reputation.

I have them both. They are tallow-based soaps and perform well. I see no difference between them and my Sterling Soap in performance. The scent is not powdery, with my COVID-whacked olfactory senses, it has a slight citrus scent. To me. It is not an overpowering scent like some of the PAA soaps can be. It is an excellent choice for when a more subtle scent is desired. My wife gave the thumbs down to the 1955 and a thumbs up to the 1966. I got some samples of the 1955 splash and I tried it to see if she still didn't like it. She liked the 1955 once I used it.

I don't know what they were trying to duplicate with these scents, it doesn't smell like Aqua Velva, nor any of the other scents I can remember. It is a light and refreshing scent. I use them both in my rotation of soaps and scents.

As far as those who boycott Razor Emporium, I am not one of them. I have not had an issue with them, although I believe those who don't like them used their razor restoration services in the past with less than stellar results. I have not used that service of theirs. For wet shaving supplies, they are excellent.

Top Bottom