What's new

Anyone know where to get some Dr. Selby?

I've been skimming around on the net and rediscovered the Dr. Selby bowl. I didn't buy it when it was the newly discovered gem due to moving overseas. Now I've returned to the states and stumbled upon it again. The only problem is that no one seems to carry it or have it in stock. They have a U.S. website, but it doesn't seem finished, or could be abandoned.

Anyone know of a source, or is it gone forever?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
TVB Shaving had it. I got some through a member in South America and traded some nice US Gillette for it.

It's a great product, I hope it isn't lost forever!

full

TVB Shaving had it.
I was just about to post this too... it has been out of stock the last few times I've checked, and I'm not sure if that means they haven't reordered or its not available to reorder even if they wanted to. It might be worth reaching out to them to see if its something they think they'll get back in stock

I have this and it's a great scent, yet humble and subdued IMHO. I have it in the tub as a shaving soap.

However I didn't find it as skin friendly as other top-shelf hard soaps, it can be irritating on the second pass. I have not used the sensitive skin formula (seemingly in a tube). I also didn't find it as protective as top-shelf hard soaps.

The tub is a throw-back to another discontinued shaving soap of yore. It's a reproduction. It's very nice though for the vintage feel.

I've abandoned a second pass in my shave as necessary so I'll have to revisit this one to see if it's more suited to a one pass shave.

For context I shave with a straight razor (since I was a teen of twelve).

Chris

Top Bottom