What's new

Anyone have the TGN 22mm Silvertip Grade A Fan?

I am feeling the desire to get a new brush. The budget does not allow for a "commercial brush", plus I like to make things, so it's win, win.

I am fairly new to wetshaving, so if anyone has a suggestion I would welcome it.

My current/only brush is a mixed hair Grosvenor. I really like the brush, and I prefer soaps, and face lathering. If this was all I was doing this would be a fantastic brush, but I also head shave. I would love to have a brush that can hold enough lather to do my normal two+ pass face, and two+ pass head shave without having to go back to the puck. So I thought a fan would work. Am I on the right path?

Anyone with this knot? What do you think?

Thanks, all.

I am feeling the desire to get a new brush. The budget does not allow for a "commercial brush", plus I like to make things, so it's win, win.

I am fairly new to wetshaving, so if anyone has a suggestion I would welcome it.

My current/only brush is a mixed hair Grosvenor. I really like the brush, and I prefer soaps, and face lathering. If this was all I was doing this would be a fantastic brush, but I also head shave. I would love to have a brush that can hold enough lather to do my normal two+ pass face, and two+ pass head shave without having to go back to the puck. So I thought a fan would work. Am I on the right path?

Anyone with this knot? What do you think?

Thanks, all.

I dont have the fan but I have the 22mm grade A bulb. Set the loft a little low and you will love it

I have one with the new fan shape knot, but I haven't used it. I have used TGN grade A plenty. Superb knots. I'd recommend them to anyone.

I would just be worried about the 22mm holding enough lather for your head and face without bowl lathering. I have a 22mm Whipped Dog and I don't think I could get two full passes of my head and face with it. I get three of just my face with a touch up pass and the lather starts dying. You could shave your face and then rinse out the brush and reload though...I mean we all know that the goal is to use as much product as we can so that we can buy more right ;) ? Their Silvertip Grade A though is awesome, I can only mirror what the above posters have commented.

Thanks gents.

In light of what Panda said, I looked at TGN they have a 24mm fan in super. Would the 2mm make that much of a difference? The hight of the knots are different the 22mm is 65mm tall; and the 24mm is 63mm tall.

My next thought is, am I right in understanding that the fan shape is best for the soap/face lathering combo? I see they have some rather large knots that are bulb shaped.

Top Bottom