What's new

Anyone doing Intermittent Fasting?

Great info on it here ...

... I try to do it more often than not.

This a great video. She mentions anything that isn't water will end your fast/restart your metabolism, I wonder if that includes medications? Your body would have to metabolize the medication to do its job, so it looks like it answers its own question there. I can wait until 9 or 10 AM to eat breakfast, but take medication for the day earlier than that. I'd like to give this way of scheduling a shot, I guess I'll have to do the best I can. I already eat low carb/high fat/keto minded, not strictly right now, but I try to keep my diet close to it.

I have been, not religiously but fairly regularly. I’ve done some longer ones, 24 to 60+ hours but the 16:8 most commonly.
Also inspired by The Obesity Code. It was a really interesting read, got me into Keto as well. 20lbs down in 3 months, I’m happy with it. Easiest way to lose weight I’ve ever experienced.

I agree, it is the easiest way to lose weight. Even if I fast for 14 hours I see positive results. The minimum is 13 hours.

I have been doing 16:8 for about 6 month AND Keto. I eat at 6 am a BIG breakfast and at 12-1pm as work schedule allows. I use an app called CARB MANAGER to track food and net carbs.
I was not overweight, but dropped my body fat quite a bit and energy is consistent throughout the day. At 43 I look and feel better than I did 20 years ago.
Cutting carbs, specifically grains has had great benefits for me. I had constant gastro issues and could not eat any cheese products. Now I suffer zero gastro issues and I eat cheese 2-4 times per week.
Also, I like having my afternoon completely open for whatever I want to do.
Now I know many will say it is a FAD diet, but I have personally experienced the benefits.
per Dr. Berg (you tube) I am eating tons of greens for the nutrients and easing the stress on liver and kidney.
For those just starting, it gets easier after a while. stick to it

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I just finished reading Fung's "Obesity Code" and am starting my first fast today!

... Now I suffer zero gastro issues ...

I found the same thing! I occasionally think I'll grab a quick bowl of the kids' cereal when I'm lazy or running late then instantly regret it when I'm in the bathroom 5 minutes later. No grains and my stomach is much happier. My only big weakness is this quick fired pizza place in town, but its thin crust and doesn't seem to affect me much.

After reading all these posts and in another related thread I decided to go back all in on the keto way of life. I've lost around 35 pounds over the past year, I'm at 194 right now and my goal is 190. Not much further, I think keto + intermittent fasting will kick that last 4 pounds quickly. Then I get to switch my calorie intake to maintain weight rather than losing.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
oooh did not think of that. I do miss pizza - last time I ate it, it tastes great then instant regret set in.
will have to try a thin crust.

Try fathead pizza. You make it yourself, with a cheese & almond flour crust ... ludicrously easy to make, and actually tastes really good.

Top Bottom