What's new

Anyone actually saving money?

lol heck no I’m not saving money. This is an addiction and not a cheap one. Not the craziest expensive one (especially considering how most items hold their value) but still..

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Money saver here :thumbup1: I've been saving money with DE shaving for 30 years.

I signed up here two years ago, and have three razors that I didn't have when I joined. One of those was PIFed to me. I have three brushes, two PIFed to me, and one bought (the only thing I've needed to buy this year). The one I arrived here with has crapped out, and I've

I have two cheap aftershaves, one and a half spare cakes of soap in the drawer (at around £6.50 per soap), along with a few hundred blades which were bought for very little money. I get at least 10-14 shaves from a blade. Occasionally 30+ shaves.There's about a dozen shave sticks in the drawer too, but they were 2 for £1. I also have half a tube of shave cream which cost £1 from a shop in town.

My unnecessary spending has been on samples, which last me far longer than they seem to for others. Still much less than I would have spent on cartridges, had I not abandoned them 30 years ago. They didn't cost much, and I'll be dipping into them occasionally as a break to the regular soap for the next couple of years at least.

Not any more, though I am trying to work on that.

In the beginning of my DE journey in 1983 I actually saved ALOT of money. I discovered DE on my own and didn’t know anyone else that used one. This money saving thing was kind of a deep, dark secret of mine for many, many years and my pocketbook and face loved it! RAD set in about 2015.

So I know first hand that it can be done, but with the enablers here at B&B it is very difficult. I think I’ve gone full circle with this hobby and though I won’t get rid of my 150 or so vintage razors, I have more soap, blades, and aftershave than I know what to do with, so using up my cache will allow me to shave for many years and cost me next to nothing.

I am in the yes end for sure. I probably spent less the $25 last year. Shave every day with a 34C.
1 year:
3 1/2 Arko sticks at $1.50 Each
70 +- blades at $14 per c
Brushes: Have 2 boars for the past 4 years
Witch Hazel $2
Aftershave: 2 bottles at the store. $4 ea.

Not much at all.

One of the biggest things that has helped me to save money was when I had ordered a razor that shaved better than the one I was previously using, the previous razor found its way into the BST on one of the forums and basically helped finance the purchase of the the one I'd bought. When I purchased my Ti95/68SB for $200 I sold a V1 SS General and a refurbished Fatboy for $200 to cover the cost... I then sold the 68 and 95 SB plates for $150 and purchased a DC plate for $165 so basically the Ti95DC set me back $15. From the 1st shave from the Timeless I knew it would be the last razor I'd ever buy and ended any and all RAD I'd ever had!! I've never even had the desire to put my name in on a pass around because the Timeless is my end all... Total win-win!!

Top Bottom