What's new

Anybody seen my Dad's brush?

All the brushes I see here and online are quite fancy, including the vintage ones. But I have not seen one like my dad used in the 1950s. I can't even find a picture of one like that. It was a very plain wooden handle with some red paint at the bottom. And the whole thing was clear lacquered. He may have paid a dime at the drug store, if even that. Anybody know what I am talking about? Maybe have a picture?

My father gave me his razor (Gillette TTO) shave brush and a Puck of soap, the brush you are talking about sounds like the one he gave me but without the red paint. This was in 1958 so I really don't remember too much about the brush.

8/19/1942

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
All the brushes I see here and online are quite fancy, including the vintage ones. But I have not seen one like my dad used in the 1950s. I can't even find a picture of one like that. It was a very plain wooden handle with some red paint at the bottom. And the whole thing was clear lacquered. He may have paid a dime at the drug store, if even that. Anybody know what I am talking about? Maybe have a picture?
Did it look like these? I had both of these at various times in the 70s. The plain one was a German brush sold as a Surrey in the US. The Condor was made in South America. Both brushes can sometimes be found with red or sometimes green paint around the base rather than black. They were very very common drugstore brushes in the USA.
surrey.jpgsurrey condor.jpg

Top Bottom