What's new

any users of creed aventus here?

I can't add anything new to this conversation, but I'm in the camp with those getting excellent projection and longevity. No idea about batch numbers or even year as I have a few different decants from different sources. It is potent in so many ways for me: women love it, unique as hell, lasts forever and projects like an opera singer. In fact, I can't wear it often as I find it to be overpowering in many settings. Other than that, A+ all around.

My 2 cents:

-Wore Aventus today because of this thread. I don't find myself wearing this very often. The compliments it gets (though I haven't personally gotten any...but rarely wear it) are undeniable. Where there is smoke there is fire. To me the frag smells like pineapple topping of a smoky base. Not my favorite scent. But I keep going back to it because of all the compliment threads on the board.

-It has amazing projection. Today I just did one single spray to my mid chest, then put an undershirt + dress shirt + tie on top. I can easily smell it through there. I would be very hesitant to do more than 2 sprays of this at work because of its sillage/projection. Out on the town I would easily do 2, and may even go three if in the right mood.

-I think the reason it has such compliments is 1) awesome projection/sillage/longevity leads to more people smelling it and *noticing* it. Something real close to the skin wont get complimented because no one can smell it, and 2) it smells like "what a cologne is supposed to smell like" to me. It has that classic cologne scent that isn't old mannish, isn't girly sweet, etc. This is the smell of a real man IMO. It reminds me of Drakkar Noir, which despite being dated and an old scent was known to get a lot of compliments too. Also something about Creed Original Vetiver has that "classic but contemporary real cologne scent" and this too has been known to get compliments.

The big question is: Do you wear your cologne for you or for others ? I dont reach for it much because I'm not a big fan. But I might learn to love it if I get complimented wearing it (human nature). To those who say "dont care what others think" -- if you wear a frag that is old mannish and vile that makes you feel confident but makes everyone else cringe and avoid you....then you are head-in-the-clouds delusional so great that it gives you confidence internally but we do live in a social environment. I think having a scent that both makes you confident and/or happy is most important but getting compliments is also a nice bonus and the perception of others toward your scent should not be discounted. You are invading their olfactory space afterall.

The big question is: Do you wear your cologne for you or for others ? I dont reach for it much because I'm not a big fan. But I might learn to love it if I get complimented wearing it (human nature).

Schad summed up my thoughts exactly. When I first smelled this I thought to myself, "Wow. Now THATS a cologne!" After wearing it a few times I simply got tired of it. Did I get a lot of compliments? Sure, but I didn't enjoy wearing it anymore. I think my wife was genuinely disappointed when I told her I wouldn't be purchasing a bottle. That's not to say my tastes won't change and it won't become my 'signature scent' because it really is great. It's just not for me right now.

I want to add a few other things:I'm actually enjoying wearing Aventus today. Maybe it's because I found Chanel Sycomore since my last Aventus wearing, and I really like that smoky vibe that Sycomore has. So maybe I've become more into that smokey thing. Also it might have to do with going light on the spraying. This scent can really be overpowering in high quantities (if you recall, this was the scent that the youtube guy mickers was sent home for) and too much of anything can be a bad thing.Still not in that "wow this is amazing I love the smell" categorie of scents, but I am more impressed with it today that I was when I last wore it (months ago). Definitely has that "smells like a real man without being old mannish" thing that I like.

I want to add a few other things:I'm actually enjoying wearing Aventus today. Maybe it's because I found Chanel Sycomore since my last Aventus wearing, and I really like that smoky vibe that Sycomore has. So maybe I've become more into that smokey thing. Also it might have to do with going light on the spraying. This scent can really be overpowering in high quantities (if you recall, this was the scent that the youtube guy mickers was sent home for) and too much of anything can be a bad thing.Still not in that "wow this is amazing I love the smell" categorie of scents, but I am more impressed with it today that I was when I last wore it (months ago). Definitely has that "smells like a real man without being old mannish" thing that I like.
That was exactly what I got out of it. Manly, quality cologne. For the average man, it's a great frag. For us who are into frags, it's fairly uninspiring.

Schad summed up my thoughts exactly. When I first smelled this I thought to myself, "Wow. Now THATS a cologne!" After wearing it a few times I simply got tired of it. Did I get a lot of compliments? Sure, but I didn't enjoy wearing it anymore. I think my wife was genuinely disappointed when I told her I wouldn't be purchasing a bottle. That's not to say my tastes won't change and it won't become my 'signature scent' because it really is great. It's just not for me right now.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I tend to believe that a scent will only go as far on a man as he's willing to take it. In other words, if the wearer isn't feeling the scent, eventually others won't either, mainly because the enthusiasm to back it just isn't there.

I think Aventus is a good scent, but I doubt I would really benefit from it, even if others liked it on me. I'd rather wear something I enjoy smelling, and I think eventually whatever that is will reach out to people around me.

Maybe I'm just a mystical hippie about this, but I believe it to be true.

http://frompyrgos.blogspot.com/

I like it. SWMBO likes it. Winner of the most compliments award. Lasts all day and into the evening hours. I personally prefer ferns, vetivers, and florals, but I enjoy the attention I get wearing Aventus.

How many sprays of Aventus do you guys do? How many would you rec at the office?

Is Aventus similar to Original Vetiver by Creed in any way? I have aventus bottle but only small sample of OV. Both on last sniff gave me that good projection manly scent thing.

I learned the hard way. After gassing out my co-workers with four sprays (from a small decant bottle) I never go more than two these days (still from a small atomizer... couldn't imagine the power of 4 sprays from an original Creed bottle), and actually more often just one shot to the neck.

I don't find Aventus and OV to have anything in common, other than both smelling damn good.

How many sprays of Aventus? Three or four light sprays under a t-shirt under long sleeves. Nothing exposed to the air.

Is Aventus similar to Original Vetiver by Creed in any way? I have aventus bottle but only small sample of OV. Both on last sniff gave me that good projection manly scent thing.

I reckon the top notes are similar, but OV doesn't have any smokiness at all. It stays citrus-y fresh all day!

How many sprays of Aventus? Three or four light sprays under a t-shirt under long sleeves. Nothing exposed to the air.

Agreed. Two or three sprays under a t-shirt and I can smell Aventus all day long and get compliments all day long. Any sprays to the wrist or neck and I still get compliments all day long but the scent is overwhelming to me for about an hour or so and then I can't smell it at all afterwards.

Thats actually a general rule for me now when i wear frags at work. Always to chest only (under the shirt), never to exposed skin, anywhere from 1-3 sprays (1 spray for something potent like aventus, 3 sprays for something very close to skin and pleasant like windsor or bois de iles).

on evenings and weekends not working, i will still do 1-3 sprays but more likely to do it to open skin like neck or wrists (tho i am definitely moving away from wrist...to keep myself from sniffing myself constantly like a crazy person)

This is definitely a modern manly smell that in my experience illicits some of the most compliments out of my large collection of fragrances. The 2011 batches are DEFINITELY better and longer lasting. I still got respectable longevity on the 2010 batch but its a bit heavy on the smokey ash accord which can be off putting for some. 2 sprays MAX though people!

The Nordstrom here in Nashville has 2ml sample atomizers that they'll spray any scent they carry into for you. Over the last few months I've got samples of Aventus, Royal Oud, Tabarom Millesime, OV, GIT, OS, SMW, and Bond No. 9 Montauk. I guess I'm lucky :thumbup1:

The Nordstrom here in Nashville has 2ml sample atomizers that they'll spray any scent they carry into for you. Over the last few months I've got samples of Aventus, Royal Oud, Tabarom Millesime, OV, GIT, OS, SMW, and Bond No. 9 Montauk. I guess I'm lucky :thumbup1:
the poor sales girl I was dealing with a few weeks ago was opening all the cabinets to look for sample vials. she nearly fell off the stepladder trying to get to the top shelf.
i'm heading back there today, maybe i'll make a purchase.

Top Bottom