What's new

any users of creed aventus here?

B&Bers,
First post in the fragrance forum. I missed out on the split awhile ago. I have been wanting to try aventus so, I have a 4oz bottle of aventus on it's way to me now. Yes, I did blind buy it. I know it's risky. from reading the notes, I think I should like this one. I just wanted to see if anyone here wore this juice and what your thoughts were on it. What kind of projection and longevity are you getting out of it? If I don't like it, I will make a good deal to someone here in the near future.

Andy

As for longevity, a number of guys here report that other people notice it on them long after they've stopped smelling it on themselves.

It all depends on the batch. Some of the bottles produced in 2010 had a lot of projection and longevity issues. That seams to have been fixed in the more recent batches though. I had a 2011 batch that was so strong that it would smell for days in our small apartment in Hong Kong when sprayed. I had to sell it because it was simply too strong for my wife. It does have a great smell though.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
As for longevity, a number of guys here report that other people notice it on them long after they've stopped smelling it on themselves.

Big +1 on this. Women especially can smell it 12 hours or more after I apply it. I love it so much I have a Flacon of it.

+1

After about 2-3 hours I couldn't smell it unless I had my nose right up to where it was applied while others said they could still smell it just fine. I really enjoyed it at first, after a while all I got was pineapple rolled around an ashtray.

+1

After about 2-3 hours I couldn't smell it unless I had my nose right up to where it was applied while others said they could still smell it just fine. I really enjoyed it at first, after a while all I got was pineapple rolled around an ashtray.

+1. I had a sample of it and didn't like it. I was hoping that I would like it because I like pineapple but the ashtray part was overpowering.

B&Bers,
First post in the fragrance forum. I missed out on the split awhile ago. I have been wanting to try aventus so, I have a 4oz bottle of aventus on it's way to me now. Yes, I did blind buy it. I know it's risky. from reading the notes, I think I should like this one. I just wanted to see if anyone here wore this juice and what your thoughts were on it. What kind of projection and longevity are you getting out of it? If I don't like it, I will make a good deal to someone here in the near future.

Andy

Love this frag, and if you find that you don't care for it, let me know and I'll take it off your hands ;-) I've been wanting to buy a bottle anyway. I'm guessing you'll love it though ;-)

Last edited:
My sample must be from a recent batch, because I don't have any strength or longevity issues with it. It's a nice fragrance, very silvery and smoky and inky and cool. I would call it the REAL Silver Mountain Water, except it doesn't have any aquatic features. But it's definitely something that strikes up lots of cool silvers and greys. That pineapple top is rich but not overdone, not really sweet per say. eventually it dries into what another reviewer called "freshly printed newspapers." That's all I can smell in the heart, after reading this description. there's a crisp smoky inkiness there that is hard to describe any other way, it's like the oakmoss and birch and ambergris are arranged into a very acute note that is as unforgettable as it is hard to identify. Intriguing stuff, although it reminds me a lot of Spice and Wood. Totally unsure about ever getting a bottle of it, though. Something about Aventus just seems a little too conventionally "man's cologne" to me. So yeah, unlike your typical Creed, but not exactly in a good way. Still, if the ladies love it, I may have to do more exploring here.

http://frompyrgos.blogspot.com/

Love it love it love x10000000

Can't overstate the love enough...

I was at the bank.. teller leaned over the counter... and said.. "wow.. you smell good!!!"..

I was in my office and a client came in... said... "you smell fantastic!!"..

In a bar.. same thing...

From my experience.. women loooove it.. (including my wife... ) :lol:

Might have to revisit it. I admit that it smells GREAT in the opening, but it seems to just float away after that. I've tried applying it to clothing, etc.; no dice. Could've been a weak batch.

And yes, it's a favorite amongst women. It'd be a top scent for this man, too, if it lasted longer.

Last edited:
Ahh! No wonder wo-...

Ah, nevermind :closedeye

After reading this thread, I dabbed on a few drops. I think your "crisp dollar bill" reference might be spot on!

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I will post my impressions when I recieve it. I also got quite a few other bottles so, I will put up a mini-review of each one. It will be funny to some of you, coming from a guy who knows next to nothing about fragrances other than how to spray it on. I have creed tabarome and silver mountain water and like those. hopefully this one will be good as well. I just hope I didn't waste my money......

Andy

This is one of my favorites. I have several splits from different batches and they are all great, yet slightly different in the progression. It by far gets the most compliments of any of my fragrances. I do get very good projection, with some olfactory fatigue. I would be surprised if you did not like it.

Well, if it doesn't work for you, PM me and I will take it off your hands! Id be surprised if you didn't like it but some really don't like its ashtray accord. Ya never know, well I guess you will soon..lol

The ladies love it.
That should be enough to pick up a gallon jug.

No really, it is one of the better Creed frags IMO.
Easy to wear and people notice it.

Top Bottom