What's new

Any razors in your collection you'd never sell?

At the moment, I could not sell my super adjustable, my cooper, or my fatboy. Maybe others... but not those.

The super adjustable is a birthdate razor.
The cooper is damaged (wouldn't want some fool hurting themself when it is missing a tooth) and too unique.
The fatboy has been intensively repaired to make shave-able. It works for me, but I could not sell it due to the time I put into it and I don't feel it would be ethical to sell.

Well, right now I'd say I'd never sell any of them. Because I need to catalog what I have and figure out a little more direction in my collecting. I have a general idea in mind but need to see what I have that fits that and what doesn't. Then I can decide to sell or PIF.

I'm a bigger fan of PIF than of selling, though.

However, if I had to grab one razor in a catastrophe, I would grab the '46/'47 Aristocrat.

However, if I had to grab one razor in a catastrophe, I would grab the '46/'47 Aristocrat.

Oooh. Forgot about that one. Can't sell it either.

I didn't think about this thread in that way. If I had to save a razor it would be T2 and the 46/47 aristocrat.

I would sell all of my razors . . . except the Merkur Futur. I have a Progress and a Mergress that are great, but the Futur (+ Feather blade) provides a consistently great shave.

At one time I would not have sold many. Now however I'm thinking of selling some I didn't think I would ever part with. I just don't use them and I'm not a collector. So, I will more than likely sell some DEs, perhaps even some brushes at some point.
While I've sold a few straight razors that didn't make the final cut while experimenting with different grinds, width, etc., I have but one straight that I may sell in the future. I seem more attached to the straights than DEs.

I'm holding onto my 1950s M Chanudet 6/8 oblique-point, my almost mint 1950s English HD Rocket and I'd never get rid of my mint vintage slant.

I prefer to gift out razors to friends and family but I have sold a few. At least today, the following are not for sell, have never been for sell, or loan, and if I can't take them with me I may just not go. Haven't quite figured that out yet, but you know what I mean.

1. Hoffritz Slant
2. Futur
3. Gillette Slim Adjustable
4. Gillette Tech in original 1944 Happy Fathers Day packaging.

The Hoffritz, Futur, and Slim are all daily shavers for me. In, fact I have shaved with every razor I have owned except the Fathers Day Tech. I know there is no rhyme or reason to it, but I have a goofy picture of my dad from WWII and he is shaving with a razor just exactly like that one. Just can't seem to remove the packaging and use that one.

I prefer to gift out razors to friends and family but I have sold a few. At least today, the following are not for sell, have never been for sell, or loan, and if I can't take them with me I may just not go. Haven't quite figured that out yet, but you know what I mean.

1. Hoffritz Slant
2. Futur
3. Gillette Slim Adjustable
4. Gillette Tech in original 1944 Happy Fathers Day packaging.

The Hoffritz, Futur, and Slim are all daily shavers for me. In, fact I have shaved with every razor I have owned except the Fathers Day Tech. I know there is no rhyme or reason to it, but I have a goofy picture of my dad from WWII and he is shaving with a razor just exactly like that one. Just can't seem to remove the packaging and use that one.

How about a pic of the Tech and packaging? I don't know that I've seen what your describe!:001_smile

Top Bottom