What's new

Any minimalists here? How far/close are you from that "Desert Island" set-up?

I am...

• Hobbyist

Votes: 31 29.8%
  • Veteran

Votes: 42 40.4%
  • Minimalist

Votes: 31 29.8%

• Total voters
I'm still experimenting with the AC blades, but here's my picks:

4 razors:
Blackland Dart
RazoHawk V3-OC
Feather AC SS
Ikon Tek (backup/travel)

4 blades:
London Bridge
Schick Proline
Feather Pro
Feather Pro Super

4 soaps:
SV Opuntia
Southern Witchcrafts (any)
RazoRock (any)
Officina Artigiana Milano Stay Traditional

4 brushes:
Mühle Vivo black fiber v2
RazoRock 400
Vikings Blade white knight
(I'm waiting to receive my 4th brush, a 26mm synthetic)
We've got Feather AC SS, Hawk V3 and Opuntia in common 😊

I would perfectly content with a lifetime supply of Nacets, Tabac, Thayers, and my Blackbird. I haven't decided on a brush, yet. I'm still experimenting.

Until recently I would have said that I had the hardware down to the desert island set-up. For the last 2 years I have exclusively been using a RR .84 Gamechanger loaded with GSBs and a Muhle STF bog oak brush. But over the last couple of months I have started experimenting again, buying a FatTip slant to give that a go and switching to a badger brush that I had in reserve. So a relapse?

On the software side I'm not even lose to having tried everything that I want to. I don't have a stash, but when I start to run low I go down the list.

My only gear is Feather AS-D2 coupled with Merkur blade and Proraso white canned foam. First 5 shaves are done with only one pass and touch-up cause blade are too sharp with DFS results. Then shaves 6 to 15 are 2 passes WTG, ATG with BBS and very smooth skin. Always finish with after shave balm from Quai des Bulles. I am daily shaver and always happy to shave.

The aftershave is very nice and smell good, but the composition of the soap, like many artisanal soap, lacks firmness and dries as soon as it is applied to the face. I communicated with the manufacturer about this and it is supposed to come back to me

Top Bottom