What's new

Any Favorite Blade Pairings with a Parker Variant SB?

Thanks to the forum for insight on a new razor purchase. I've ordered a Parker Variant SB in graphite.

Do you have any favorite blade pairings with this razor? (I know YMMV, adjustable, etc., etc.) Thank you for sharing your experience!

Cheers!

I have the Variant and have used it for several years. For me, it's a pretty efficient razor, so there is no need to go with a really sharp blade (i.e., Feather or Kai for example). That said, I don't find it to be particularly picky with blades. I just finished up a rotation with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and had a week (six days) of superb shaves.

You'll have to play with the blade gap to get the most out of this razor. For me, setting 2 is the sweet spot.

I think you'll be really pleased with this razor!

Variant is my favorite razor in shave quality (not the most used, because it's too predictably safe). It's not blade-picky but I'd say Astra SP, Nacet, Bic work great in it.

Variant is my favorite razor in shave quality (not the most used, because it's too predictably safe). It's not blade-picky but I'd say Astra SP, Nacet, Bic work great in it.
Thanks, @Umma2gumma. I started with an Astra SP and really like it. I'll try one of my Bic Chrome Platinums next. Never tried a Nacet, but I'll look for the chance to do so. Cheers!

Top Bottom