What's new

Antica Barbieria Colla | ABC | A Truly Great Soap

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
is this much different than cella?

Yes, but it depends on what ‘much different’ means. It’s noticeably better in all performance aspects than Cella. Is the performance differance equal to the price difference? Probably not, this is not a ‘value’ soap or for the faint of wallet, but for those that want one of the best performing soaps regardless of how much other soap they could buy. It is a hard soap though, so it may well be cheaper to use than most upper end artisan soaps.

I have no idea why it's so good, but I'm not a soap maker and don't know jack about soaps other than how they perform for me. Maybe the ingredients list will tell you more than it tells me.
The current ingredient list provided by Manufacturer is significantly different. apparently it has been reformulated

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The current ingredient list provided by Manufacturer is significantly different. apparently it has been reformulated

Interesting. Last I heard they'd ceased making the hard soap. Perhaps that decision was reconsidered.

I've not used the ABC soap in a good while. I think maybe I concluded that I liked Vitos Red Cocco better. That is not taking anything away from ABC as it's a very excellent luxury shave soap.

Happy shaves,

Jim

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Interesting. I had a puck of ABC years ago and thought it was excellent. But as I recall the soap was $25 and the shipping was $26, which seemed a little crazy. But I have a trip to Italy planned for October, so maybe it will turn out to be a very reasonable luxury soap if I find it in country.

Top Bottom