What's new

Another Williams thread

Using Williams since Abbey Road was released. Well water off a dry puck, breaking in a Semogue 1470.

Williams rezised.JPG

I liked the old Williams. Used it a lot over the years. Can't stand the new stuff. I wish it would either return to what it was before or simply go away.

Williams is the soap my father used to teach me how to shave when I was a teen. It is a staple in my den and I have used it for years, it's a very good soap.
I never had a problem with lathering and we do have hard water. Love the clean scent.
Truth be told I liked the old Williams soap better but the modern is still great.
In the last couple of years I have been trying other soaps too as i like variety but always have Williams when I want it!
I buy it at Wegmans grocery store for $0.99 a puck so you can't beat it on price - I have enough pucks to last me for quite a while.
I do experiment a bit with grating Williams with another soap - it's interesting.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I am a fan of Williams, been using it for a while. I switch off from Arko to Williams usually putting the stub of my Arko on top of the puck and have the best of both worlds for a while anyway. Great soap in my book.

I am a fan of Williams, been using it for a while. I switch off from Arko to Williams usually putting the stub of my Arko on top of the puck and have the best of both worlds for a while anyway. Great soap in my book.

I am of the same mind. I have a feeling that Williams and Arko will be my only soaps in a few years after I finish off everything I have. I still sometimes toss back and forth between liking my 7 soap rotation. Then each of these come up in rotation and I wonder why i use anything else.

I use Williams nearly every day, and it works great for me. On the days that I don't use Williams, I use Tabac. When I am traveling, I use Arko shave stick. These three are the only soaps that I now use after some time spent in my early DE shaving days with varieties of van der Hagen, Edwin Jagger, an obscure German soap, and other soap brands that I don't remember.

Williams is an excellent soap and punches above its weight class. It is seriously slick and forgiving. The only real trick is to break it in. I soak new pucks over night and it is good to go. It even improves with daily use as it further hydrates.
I do something similar: I out a little bit of hot water on the puck and let it sit for a few minutes before each shave. That brings out the slickness and makes it lather more easily.

Top Bottom