What's new

Another newbie!!!

Hey, what's up B&B! I got tired of social media wet-shaving groups, call me old school, but I have always liked the forum format better. I did a Google search and ended up here, so here I am. I started a couple of years back but became a Californian "wildfire" victim and all my stuff burnt down. All that stuff was brand new and that was that. After running through a couple of years of donations of carts and foam I'm back. I've been back for under 2 months and caught the bug hard. I will leave you all with a pic of my Gillette 195 from Northshore Razors and Grizzly Bay brush.

198068240_179211187455831_3745258771623467452_n.jpg

I only signed up 2 days ago, but welcome! I'm up North, 3.5 miles from one of the recent fire edges.😬

Yeah, I was in the deadly one up in Paradise. Our house was one of the 1st to go once it reached Paradise. When it was all said and done the Camp Fire burnt down 18,000+ homes and killed 86+ people.

Yeah, I was in the deadly one up in Paradise. Our house was one of the 1st to go once it reached Paradise. When it was all said and done the Camp Fire burnt down 18,000+ homes and killed 86+ people.
I know people who were burnt out of each one of the fires, sometimes multiple. The saddest are the many people burnt out of Paradise who moved to Berry Creek. It's cool you already have a setup for shaving photography, I am still working on that.

Last edited:
I know people who were burnt out of each one of the fires, sometimes multiple. The saddest are the many people burnt out of Paradise who moved to Berry Creek. It's cool you already have a setup for shaving photography, I am still working on that.

Small world, I used to do HVAC service in Chico for about 5 years. I knew people who lost everything twice too. I was out of the foothills after the Camp Fire. Nope, not doing that again. I'm out in Yuba CIty now.

I just got some fabric from Michaels, thumbtacked to the wall, and drape it over a dresser for a base. It worked out pretty well and looks ok for someone who sucks at taking photos. 🤣

Welcome to B&B.

Thank you! B&B looks to be a pretty cool place.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

That's a bummer to hear. I spent a few days in Paradise back in the summer of 2005. Such a beautiful place. I remember being devastated when I heard about the fires there.

Small world, I used to do HVAC service in Chico for about 5 years. I knew people who lost everything twice too. I was out of the foothills after the Camp Fire. Nope, not doing that again. I'm out in Yuba CIty now.

I've spent a few days in Chico, as well. I was living in Williams at the time. Also, my roommates and I would swing over to Yuba City about once a week because that was where the nearest Walmart was. We would also go to a music store there that still had that cool 90's independent record store vibe to it.

Back to Chico... The manager at the Casa Lupe in Williams (there was also one in Yuba City, if I recall correctly) would tell my roommates and me stories about hanging out with some Playboy Bunnies from Chico back in the '60s or '70s. Lol

Welcome to the forums @Pings! A fire like you described sounds absolutely terrifying.

Hell on earth. Something out of a movie doesn't do it justice. It took me 7 hours to get out that day, it took Paradise 4 hours to burn down that day. At one point the fire traveled 80 acres per minute.

Welcome to B&B!

That's a bummer to hear. I spent a few days in Paradise back in the summer of 2005. Such a beautiful place. I remember being devastated when I heard about the fires there.

I've spent a few days in Chico, as well. I was living in Williams at the time. Also, my roommates and I would swing over to Yuba City about once a week because that was where the nearest Walmart was. We would also go to a music store there that still had that cool 90's independent record store vibe to it.

Back to Chico... The manager at the Casa Lupe in Williams (there was also one in Yuba City, if I recall correctly) would tell my roommates and me stories about hanging out with some Playboy Bunnies from Chico back in the '60s or '70s. Lol

Yes, it was, it sure did earn the name Paradise. That's awesome I service Williams from time to time. Was it called Sound Attitude and owned by an old hippie name Bert?

I wanted to learn more, so I ended up on YouTube and I watched the 60 Minutes segment on the fire. Hell on earth indeed. I'm glad you made it out man.

Yeah man, there have been a bunch of documentaries made about the Campe Fire. Ron Howard made one, and there is one on Netflix called Fire in Paradise.

I actually just a few minutes ago I bought a brush handle from YinglingBrushworks and Noble Otter Firefighter set in honor of the fire. Really I just wanted to the brush and he offered an unopen Firefighter set so I jumped on it. I'm going to put an M2 Knot in from Turn N Shave.

brave_yAPA7Jl5bt.jpg

Welcome to the forum !!

Thank you good sir.

Hey, what's up B&B! I got tired of social media wet-shaving groups, call me old school, but I have always liked the forum format better. I did a Google search and ended up here, so here I am. I started a couple of years back but became a Californian "wildfire" victim and all my stuff burnt down. All that stuff was brand new and that was that. After running through a couple of years of donations of carts and foam I'm back. I've been back for under 2 months and caught the bug hard. I will leave you all with a pic of my Gillette 195 from Northshore Razors and Grizzly Bay brush.

View attachment 1281159
Sorry for the ordeal you've been through.
Welcome.

Beautiful hardware!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Yeah man, there have been a bunch of documentaries made about the Campe Fire. Ron Howard made one, and there is one on Netflix called Fire in Paradise.
Thanks for the recs, I'll check them out!

I actually just a few minutes ago I bought a brush handle from YinglingBrushworks and Noble Otter Firefighter set in honor of the fire. Really I just wanted to the brush and he offered an unopen Firefighter set so I jumped on it. I'm going to put an M2 Knot in from Turn N Shave.
That brush handle looks amazing. I look forward to seeing it in future SOTD posts. ;)

Welcome aboard!

Sorry about your belongings!!

The good news is that you are here and back in business!!

Top Bottom