What's new

Another newbie to the site.

I have been lurking around for about six months and finally registered over the weekend. I am not sure how it came to pass, but I got started with DE shaving back in March and gradually my shave has become an anticipated and pleasant part of the day. I have become increasingly aware that technique is likely the primary factor in a good shave, followed by prep (IMHO), and then equipment. As a recovering RAD victim, I have built an arsenal of Parker 76R and 24C, Maggard open and closed comb, Phoenix Artisan double open comb, 1954 and late 40's Super Speeds, and a Gillette NEW. Each has given me at least one excellent shave and one day when I would have preferred a chain saw. I recall many years telling my DI and I had a problem with my rifle. He picked it up and put five rounds center mass on the target at 300 yards and told me " Boy, it's not the rifle, it's the shooter". When I take my time and pay attention, the alum block tells me I am doing good. I am learning not to try to squeeze one more day out of a blade than I should, not to keep going over that spot on my chin, and not put pressure on the razor, let the blade do the work.
These are all tips that I have picked up on the forum. I am starting to experiment with different blades as I work through my box of Personna Blue. ( Super Iridium is really nice in my Parker 76R so far.) Thanks to all for your insights and tips.

Chesty

Hello and welcome, Chesty. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to the club, Chesty. Glad to have you aboard. Be sure to check out the Veteran's Roll-call and the Foxhole Shavers Club in the Clubs and Brotherhoods section of the Shave Wiki.

Welcome to the forum, here's hoping that the cure for your RAD was only temporary and you get some more razors in the near future :lol:

Welcome to B&B. Some tips that may be useful: Pick your favorite razor and stick with it for at least a month while trying out blades. Use the same soap or cream, too. By changing only one variable at a time, your technique will be refined faster. And use all five blades in a tuck before switching, to allow yourself to get a feel for each brand. Enjoy your shaves!

Welcome from me as well.

I also suffer from RAD. But with time I have discovered that I can get a BBS from each of my razors.

Just take your time, modify and learn from one shave to the next!

Top Bottom