What's new

Annoying bald spots!

So, I am just venting here, a couple of years back some bald spots appeared on my beard, never saw or heard anything like that so I thought the worst of possibilities, cancer, bacterial infection etc.

After some research and asking doctors, turns out it was just allopecia barbae, basically going bald but on the beard area, the inmune system attacks the hair follicles and the beard just “disappears” on random circular spots, there is no cure or treatment other than patience! Well they went away after a year or so, the beard grew back, like nothing ever happened.

Then this week I noticed is comming back, it doesnt hurt or affects anything, is just annoying! My beard is very coarse and dark, so even with a BBS shave, the bald spots can be seen, oh well! Like I said in the beggining, nothing mayor, just very, very annoying!

Any chance it might be linked to stress? A good friend of mine has that problem and it affects both his head and beard.

We all have some defects,especially as we age. If we can’t do anything to correct it , just get on with life. Most other people do not see them , they more than likely are concerned about their own problems.

Any chance it might be linked to stress? A good friend of mine has that problem and it affects both his head and beard.
yes thats one of the factors my research and doctors agree on, I dont consider that stress afects me much but my job can get pretty hectic, and my position leaves me sandwiched right between corporate and workers, so you could say is very stressfull, but I have always believed I can handle it pretty good, altough I tend to bottle up frustration so to always present a good face both ways, I am not a fan of being disliked by anyone wich it leaves me with dealing with anger and bad thoughts to be fought withing myself, so it is safe to say stress could be a factor!

We all have some defects,especially as we age. If we can’t do anything to correct it , just get on with life. Most other people do not see them , they more than likely are concerned about their own problems.
Thats exactly the attitude I try to convey, thats why I want to vent here, receive some good thoughts from you guys, and leave it alone, this community is really good on that aspect, so I thought sharing with you guys would help, it already does!

Friends and colleagues of mine have suffered from alopecia; all of them suffered stress.

If you can't let it all hang out at work, inappropriate or whatever... buy a punchbag and give it hell whenever you feel like it (much more effective, and much cheaper, than therapy :wink2:).

Wishing you happy hair @ngel. :punk:

Yeah no problem with that. My dad when he was younger on the back of his head there was a big hole with no hair at all.

Some prescription shampoo, some oil there and in a year that hole was full of hair like nothing happened. Very stressful man, he left finally at his 65 from COPD.

I had the same thing happen in my beard while I was in college. For me, it lasted for a little over a year. Then the bald spots started to grow back. I have not had any issues since, luckily.

+2! Much worse problems are possible, even if this is annoying!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I have a few nickel and dime spots of spot alopecia as well. Most likely, a combination of aging and stress, but I don't sweat it.

buy a punchbag and give it hell whenever you feel like it (much more effective, and much cheaper, than therapy :wink2:).
yea, definately, I am currently working on a new fence and my next proyect is a deck/porch, I’ll make room for that punching bag, sure my kiddos can use it too :a11:

So, I am just venting here, a couple of years back some bald spots appeared on my beard, never saw or heard anything like that so I thought the worst of possibilities, cancer, bacterial infection etc.

After some research and asking doctors, turns out it was just allopecia barbae, basically going bald but on the beard area, the inmune system attacks the hair follicles and the beard just “disappears” on random circular spots, there is no cure or treatment other than patience! Well they went away after a year or so, the beard grew back, like nothing ever happened.

Then this week I noticed is comming back, it doesnt hurt or affects anything, is just annoying! My beard is very coarse and dark, so even with a BBS shave, the bald spots can be seen, oh well! Like I said in the beggining, nothing mayor, just very, very annoying!
My nephew (50 yrs old) has the same thing in his beard, he keeps it shaved, and does not let it bother him.

My nephew (50 yrs old) has the same thing in his beard, he keeps it shaved, and does not let it bother him.
Yea I figure is a good excuse to keep clean shaven, besides, it has happened before, so it is a coming and going deal, but sure is not something to loose my sleep over, just one of those cry baby moments!

I cant grow hair in a couple of spots, plus in some scars from chicken pox. I just shave and move on, I see it as one of those things that I have no control and I’ll just stress myself out if I worry about it.

As a 26 year old balding man I can assure you stress probably plays a part in it. I have come to the realization that I will probably be head shaver before I hit 30.
The way I see it I was made this way and there's not much I can do about it.

As a 26 year old balding man I can assure you stress probably plays a part in it. I have come to the realization that I will probably be head shaver before I hit 30.
The way I see it I was made this way and there's not much I can do about it.
More reason to shave! Haha but in all seriousness, it is true, is our genes... so be it

Top Bottom