What's new

Angle cube

Should be plenty good enough for giving you a bevel angle. Even 1/2 degree accuracy would be good enough for that. If you get within 1 degree of your target you will be good to go. I believe I have that exact model you linked and it's decent. Repeatability is not really what I'd call great but then I'm used to machine shop work and accuracy is much tighter there. I find it helps to give the angle cube a few gentle taps (about like how you'd tap someone on the shoulder with a finger to get their attention) to help it settle out more repeatably.

So how would you hold your razor level along its axis running thru the center of the spine perpendicular to the apex?

So how would you hold your razor level along its axis running thru the center of the spine perpendicular to the apex?
I would lay it flat and just divide the result by 2, if I had one laying around. I'll just do the trig for an answer after measuring since I don't have one laying around.

Here, just for you:

20190207_162033.jpg

Note, you can easily measure it direct like this with no math. Just get it up so that the bevel can lay flat on something, and then position the angle cube so that it just touches the flats on the spine and the bevel. It's a bit of a two-handed operation. Luckily my phone camera does voice shutter. Note: zero the cube on whatever surface you're sitting on if it's not already level.

Oh, and I measured the spine thickness and razor width - the actual angle calculated out to 18.6° that way.

Nice feature that you can zero out the cube if you're not sure you're starting with level. Like tare setting on a scale.

Top Bottom