What's new

An unexpected joy !! .....

Good Evening Gents .....

I've been enjoying our marvelous wet shaving hobby for about two and a half years now,
and like many of you, I have experienced many different razor -- DE blade combinations.
But since I started shaving with my Timeless Bronze SB last month, I've been experimenting
once again with all the blades left over from my original sampler pack from Summer 2016.
The Timeless has been absolutely amazing with Feather, Polsilver, Astra, Israeli Red Personna,
Voskhod, Personna Lab Blue, and Gillette Nacet. And this evening, much to my surprise and
delight, it even gave me a sublime two and half pass BBS shave with a Derby Extra !!
Smooth, close, comfortable, zero irritation .... I am truly impressed with the ability of my
Timeless Bronze SB razor to deliver beautiful sublime shaves, ..... no matter what blade !
Even with the Derby Extra, a blade many of us dismiss as a "beginner blade," ----- WOW !!!
Still have yet to try Merkur, Rockwell, and Crystal .... but I'm expecting more perfection !

IMG_3478.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t have the Bronze SB, but I’ve had the stainless .95 OC for a long time, and picked up the Bronze OC a couple of months ago. I’m surprised at how efficient (and beautiful) the Bronze beast is. I’ve begun to like the Bronze better than the stainless. The Bronze razors seem to have little press compared to the stainless and titanium Timeless razors, yet they are cheaper... I’m glad you’re enjoying your Bronze razor, Adam!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've had many a good shave with a Derby Extra in a few of my razors. I suspect the two and a half years of technique development will have as much to do with the success as the choice of razor, Adam.

Thanks Scott ..... I really appreciate your enthusiastic support. And I truly agree with your motto,
"working to enrich people's lives by championing music and discovery." Yes Sir, ..... whether it's
Bach, Brubeck, Ellington, Gershwin, Coltrane, Beatles, Stones, or Jerry Garcia .... music discovery and its
appreciation is certainly one of the keys to life's happiness !

Just used my Bronze with a Derby this morning and had a superb shave - it does seem to be the great equalizer with blades, and I've used the gamut from Feather to Derby - smooth, clean shave with all of them....

Congratulations!! Looks like you have your ‘destination razor!!’ :a29:

Thanks a lot Big J. The Timeless Bronze may very likely be my "destination razor,"
although I'm still happily enjoying my Rockwell 6C and Elite Razor 34C. My Merkur
39C Slant and Maggard's MR5 v.3 are sitting together, not used anymore, on a closet shelf.
And my very first DE razor, the Merkur 34C, is living in my dopp kit as my travel razor. :a14:

Thanks a lot Big J. The Timeless Bronze may very likely be my "destination razor,"
although I'm still happily enjoying my Rockwell 6C and Elite Razor 34C. My Merkur
39C Slant and Maggard's MR5 v.3 are sitting together, not used anymore, on a closet shelf.
And my very first DE razor, the Merkur 34C, is living in my dopp kit as my travel razor. :a14:
What do you think of the 6c now compared to the bronze?

What do you think of the 6c now compared to the bronze?

That's a lot like asking "how does a fine Burgundy compare to a fine Bordeaux ?"
They're both wonderful wines, just like the Timeless Bronze and the Rockwell 6C
are both fantastic razors. I enjoy shaving with them both equally, and I'm a lucky
man to be able to own each one.

I would suggest that you are experiencing blade variation in the Derby Extra’s. I have seen the same happen without changing razors. Derby's are the only blade that I've seen performance go from bad to good and back to bad between blade changes. I have no problems with Derby when they are working.

Top Bottom