What's new

Am I the only one who doesn't switch hands?

I use my dominant hand the entire time I shave my face. When I switch over I just feel like a total spazoid. While I know it's technically poor form, will I go blind, or grow hair on my palms or something if I keep doing it? Or are there people on here who only shave with one hand as well?

I'm with you ... I'm right-handed, and that's what I shave both sides of my face with.

I've tried a couple of times to switch the razor to my left, but it just doesn't feel right correct.

When starting straights I forced myself to use both hands despite how awkward it was.

Now it is second nature to use my non-dominant hand and I honestly couldn't imagine shaving with just one hand.

Takes some time, but well worth it IMO to learn to use both hands.

When starting straights I forced myself to use both hands despite how awkward it was.

Now it is second nature to use my non-dominant hand and I honestly couldn't imagine shaving with just one hand.

Takes some time, but well worth it IMO to learn to use both hands.

+1

It took a bit, but two hands is much easier. You can see easier, and can get the trickier spots on your face due to the extra dexterity. I also needed it because of my sideburns, mustache, and goatee, I can't keep those nicely shaped with only one hand!

But you will have to suffer with having one half of your face better shaved than the other for a while! :biggrin1:

I tried to use both but I can't... I gave up after I realized I was either going to drop the razor or slice a cheek off.

I started off using one hand but realized that using both would eventually mean an easier and better shave. It's taken some time but I'm just about at the point where I can use both equally well.
Unfortunately I broke the middle finger on my left hand two days ago so I'm back where I started for a bit.:lol:

I find i can't use just my right hand on the left side of my face , sounds crazy because i am right handed but if i don't swap hands it just feels wrong.

I don't think it's any right (haha!) or wrong here.
I switch hands myself because it gives me a better shave, but if you can get a good shave with only one, go with it!

I am still new to straight shaving, only been learning to do it for three weeks. But when I started people advised me to try to use both hands. At first I couldn't but as I tried more and more I found it was easier to shave certain parts of my face by using my left hand (I am right handed). So, I have been trying more and more to use my left hand on certain parts of my face and it is definitely gettin easier. Though, I probably wouldn't have done it if I could get as good a shave just using my right hand.

It is quite awkward to trim that left sideburn if you are holding the razor in your right hand. I suspect that many right-handed shavers use their left hand for one or two places on the face.

I am right-hand dominant, yet use the left hand for a few places.

I'm a one-hander too.
My left hand though.... scary! I can't even figure out how to hold the darn thing in my left hand, never mind actually putting it to my face.

I'm a one-hander also, which has never given me any trouble except for when I got a Tosuke and 50 guys told me "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG". :001_tt2:

I never made an effort to use both hands, but at some point I realized that I was switching hands. I would be surprised if you could get the same quality of shave on both sides of your face using only one hand.

I only use my right hand, took a few shaves before I got left side as good as the right, but there's no problem.

.... I would be surprised if you could get the same quality of shave on both sides of your face using only one hand.

That's not ever really been an issue. It's not like I go around with whiskers left behind on one side of my face.

Top Bottom