What's new

Almond shaving cream (TOBS vs GFT)

I'm 3/4 way down into a tub o' TOBS Almond, and highly recommend it as part of anyone's rotation.
Has a strong cherry almond scent when sniffed from the tub, but the when lathered and faced it is just a a nice mild scent that is very subtle. Performance is fantastic. A value at $14 IMO.

The only 2 almonds I have tried are Stirling (nice almond scent) and Cella (more of a marzipan/almond-with-more-stuff-to-make-it-complex). Sadly, Cella may irritate my face. This saddens me because I love the scent, performance, and Italian origin of Cella.

Now that I think about it, Cella can't irritate my skin if I'm Italian, right? :001_rolle

I can't comment on TOBS vs GFT, except to say that TOBS makes a very nice cream. GFT is probably excellent as well.

Of course, the real answer is "buy both." :thumbup1:

I slightly prefer the TOBS iteration more so than GFT. However, if you are open to other almond/almond-like products then look for RazoRock P160, RazoRock Classic, and/or Cella. In my opinion, they are noticeably better performing than the almond TOBS/GFT creams.

This kind of scent seems like it might be something right up my alley. I've had sandlewood, bay rum, Williams and C.O. Bigellow and I don't really care for the first two. I like the COB, and Williams but it's not really a very pleasant smell. I just don't mind them at all.

The two creams' scents are nearly identical, with the GFT being sweeter and quite a bit stronger and the TOBS being more subdued and very slightly nuttier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom