What's new

Alliance of Merkur

SOTD: Progress(5-5-2), Bic CP (fresh out of the wrapper), PAA AtomicRocket, Speick blue cream & splash, Lavera balm.
once again, absolutely perfect, 10/10.

When you want efficient but smoooooooth - accept no substitute 😉

Merkur 37C
Kai (1st use)
Omega 11047
Stirling Texas on Fire

IMG_20230513_081554648~2.jpg

I have used the Progress almost exclusively for weeks. Mostly with Bic CP, but today with a fresh Feather blade. Wow, it dealt with my trouble spots like nothing. No buffing or cleanup needed. Bic-s are very sharp and smoother than the Feather, but the sharpness of Feather on its 1st use is unmatched.

SOTD: Progress (5-5-2), Feather(1), PAA AtomicRocket, Stirling sharp dressed man soap, Speick splash.

I have used the Progress almost exclusively for weeks. Mostly with Bic CP, but today with a fresh Feather blade. Wow, it dealt with my trouble spots like nothing. No buffing or cleanup needed. Bic-s are very sharp and smoother than the Feather, but the sharpness of Feather on its 1st use is unmatched.

SOTD: Progress (5-5-2), Feather(1), PAA AtomicRocket, Stirling sharp dressed man soap, Speick splash.
I wouldn’t survive Progress on level 5, lol.
I shave daily 2-1.5-2.5 with Wilkinson Sword. My Feather and BIC blades should arrive this week, so will try them early next week as well.

I wouldn’t survive Progress on level 5, lol.
I shave daily 2-1.5-2.5 with Wilkinson Sword. My Feather and BIC blades should arrive this week, so will try them early next week as well.
Compared to the Wunderbar/R41/<put any beast here>, it is a walk in the park :D The Progress is very forgiving and smooth. Start with the Feather. Bic-s are love/hate blades, there is no in-between. :)

6th use of the Bic CP, still great, not as efficient as new of course, but no tugging at all. I usually bin anything after 3 uses.
My shaves with the Progress are so good, I barely touched any other razor in the past month.

6th use of the Bic CP, still great, not as efficient as new of course, but no tugging at all. I usually bin anything after 3 uses.
My shaves with the Progress are so good, I barely touched any other razor in the past month.
You can't beat that feeling when you're in the groove with a razor for days or weeks on end :)

Decided to go a bit old school today and break out my trusty Merkur 42C and a new Omega 10049 that needs breaking in. End result was a perfect shave 🙂

IMG_20230730_181139067.jpg

SOTD: Merkur Progress, German Wilkinson blade (1), Semouge SOC Finest, Nordic Shaving Company Sandalwood soap, Speick AS splash.
Needless to say, a superb shave.

Fancied a bit of Solingen action today so I wheeled out the most excellent Merkur 34G. Add in some tried & tested performers and hey-presto you get a truly excellent shave!

IMG_20230825_192331334.jpg

Brand new to double edge razors and trying to decide between open and closed comb but I love this handle.

Attachments

• IMG_3741.jpeg
    IMG_3741.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3731.jpeg
    IMG_3731.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13
Top Bottom