What's new

Alliance of Merkur

I have got both the king (progress) and the queen (37C). :biggrin: The Progess is in my top2 atm.

The 37C didn't get much love lately, but I used it twice in a row now. Great as ever, smooth and works with any blade you throw at it. (a queen that isn't picky? :D )

When you absolutely, positively need to get your chrome on - accept no substitute:

IMG_20230222_183406293~2.jpg

I have used the Progress today with the Merkur blade that came with it. The blade worked reasonably well in the previous shave with the Wunderbar. But without the slant bar it is just dull. The first pass was tuggy, the 2nd meh, and just not sharp for the 3rd. I got away without weepers or irritation, so I give them that. Despite the blade, the Progress did a good job, next I'll put a good blade in it, a 7 o'clock black maybe.

I have used the Progress today with the Merkur blade that came with it. The blade worked reasonably well in the previous shave with the Wunderbar. But without the slant bar it is just dull. The first pass was tuggy, the 2nd meh, and just not sharp for the 3rd. I got away without weepers or irritation, so I give them that. Despite the blade, the Progress did a good job, next I'll put a good blade in it, a 7 o'clock black maybe.
I'm getting consistently efficient and smooth shaves with Dorco ST300 in my Progress. So far used it for 5 shaves and no signs of dulling.
Have a pack of Merkur blades coming with the razor but haven't tried them yet.

Took the new (to me) 43C for a spin this morning and it was fantastic.

For those of you who enjoy a big heavy razor look no further!

IMG_20230329_194707077.jpg

So, I started a new club for all of us Merkur lovers.

Here's how to join, it's easy-

You must:

1. Own at least one Merkur Razor

2. Use a Merkur razor at least once weekly.

To join, just respond to this thread saying "I dig Merkurs, I'm joining" along with a photo of your Merkur razor(s)

All we ask is that you put "AOM" or "Alliance of Merkur" in your signature

Thank you and Happy Shaving!
My FIRST DE PURCHASE was a 34G from E*****, still have it and use it, also have a FUTUR purchased here, and a Progress "purchased here", arrived yesterday, cannot wait to use !!!!

So I've been in a long term relationship with 34C and, to put it crudely, we were 'doing it' regularly maybe 2-3 times a week. It was close and personal and I thought it might last forever. But then I was tempted and gave into my urges to 'try out' her more exciting sister 37C and wow she's hot and knows how to excite a man like no other and keep my hairs tingling all day.
I might be a bad person but now I really can't be bothered with 34C she gets totally neglected and worse I have been seeing others so even when I want some straight action I see them not 34C. Help - does 34C have any hidden qualities I could rediscover or have I just outgrown her?

does anyone use oil on the Progress' threads? the threads on mine aren't the smoothest, it feels scratchy when turning. I never felt the need to lubricate razor threads, but this one got me thinking.

Top Bottom