What's new

All of us black coffee drinkers...

I drink my coffee with a little bit of cream and sweeten it with some turbinado sugar and blackstrap molasses just enough where it gives it a subtle sweet flavor.

I really don't find myself craving or needing coffee in the morning since I often forgo my morning coffee without any issue, I mostly drink it for taste.

I drink my coffee with a little bit of cream and sweeten it with some turbinado sugar and blackstrap molasses just enough where it gives it a subtle sweet flavor.

I really don't find myself craving or needing coffee in the morning since I often forgo my morning coffee without any issue, I mostly drink it for taste.

1690469143824.png

But espresso is pretty hard to choke down sugar-free.
Probably overdrawn. If you put water through for too much time, it doesn't make it stronger (or weaker.) It just makes it nasty. I made that mistake for a long time to fill the espresso cup. I even convinced myself that the bitterness was a good thing. That variety of bitterness is not good.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
This all makes perfect sense to me. If all I could drink was coffee with no milk or sugar, I think I'd turn into a bit of a psycho nutjob too. Not that anyone would be in danger, as I would never be able to stray more than 100 metres from the toilet. Unless of course someone was within that radius, preventing me from getting to the khazi, then I may be somewhat disagreeable.

If coffee mugs weren't designed to hold milk and sugar too, they'd be 20% smaller. True fact. I should know, I made it up.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I drink black coffee because of conditioning. Over 20 years of coffee in the military where cream and sugar wasn't usually available. You got used to drinking it black, and now I'm glad I do.
When I have a cup, I taste the coffee and not cream and sugar.
A cup of the USN's coffee, black and stout, was my first cup. I was on the signal bridge of the Canberra. I was in seventh grade. We were out off Norfolk on a grey, windy day, probably in the low to mid-forties. It was a dependents' cruise. That cup of coffee was warm and life changing.

Black for me. If I am busy, I completely forget it. I was hoping to set a retirement goal of coffee in the AM but got pulled back into work. I grind a local roast, do a pour-over and might drink a whole cup during the day. I forgot this morning and drank a mug of Richmond Park Blend tea from Upton.

My dad taught me coffee black. meant that no matter where I went I could always drink a cup coffee. In the duck blind or with friends around a camp fire.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Top Bottom