What's new

Japanese Iced Coffee

I love iced coffee. So my daughter gifted me an OXO cold brew maker a couple of years ago. Let’s just say that it’s seen a lot of use.

The other day I read an interesting article which brought to mind how much I liked the iced coffee when we visited Japan:

So for the past week I’ve been using my AeroPress over a glass full of ice and been very impressed with the results. Seems to capture more of the flavor of the beans.

I’ll still use the OXO. The coffee’s great and it’s more convenient, being able to make enough to keep in the refrigerator for days at a time. But this Japanese method is a keeper.

I love iced coffee. So my daughter gifted me an OXO cold brew maker a couple of years ago. Let’s just say that it’s seen a lot of use.

The other day I read an interesting article which brought to mind how much I liked the iced coffee when we visited Japan:

So for the past week I’ve been using my AeroPress over a glass full of ice and been very impressed with the results. Seems to capture more of the flavor of the beans.

I’ll still use the OXO. The coffee’s great and it’s more convenient, being able to make enough to keep in the refrigerator for days at a time. But this Japanese method is a keeper.
Sounds very good. I recently started drinking ice coffee on these hot afternoons.

All the time. It's so easy once you get the right water to coffee to ice ratio. It's also called Flash Brew. A bunch of YT videos have some really good tips on it.

I even do it in my automatic drip machine instead of doing pour over.

my missus introduced me to "iced" coffee when we were in the UK.
she would pour a double shot over a load of ice cubes and add a splash of milk.
here in japan you can add gum syrup to sweeten.
the attached is a premade black slightly sweetened. Actually really good. not too sweet. keep in the fridge, load up your driving coffee flask with ice, pour over and maybe a splash of milk. done.

Attachments

• 20230803_082027.jpg
    20230803_082027.jpg
    800 KB · Views: 5
Hi All
Im just taking a break from the humidity here in Nagoya and chilling with a brazilian blend on the rocks (🤣)
and a thimble of cream. love it.

Attachments

• 20230804_113719.jpg
    20230804_113719.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom