What's new

All of us black coffee drinkers...

"They also found that people who enjoyed milky or sugary coffee, and other sweet flavors, generally tended to have more “agreeable” personality traits like sympathy, cooperation, and kindness."

Just like that son of fun A.Hitler, constantly reported by observers to have an almost insatiable sweet tooth.

I am deeply sceptical.

I take my coffee black, but then----->" People who drink their coffee black reap all the health benefits of coffee without any added fat or calories.":cuppa:

~doug~
Yep, I fit that trend too. I noticed it said we were more health conscious. I read labels all the time and try my best not to use stuff with synthetic sounding names, etc. Even on the shaving side of things- I won't use stuff with parabens or crazy sounding ingredients that I can't figure out anymore.

Powdered creamers are some of the worst things you can use in coffee. Wid has it right with Half and Half. If I liked the taste of coffee that way, I'd probably use it or regular milk.

Don't take the article as being a scientific paper- it's from Reader's Digest. I just thought it was fun. I didn't know that about Hitler, either. Interesting.
Love the Reader's Digest, more or less taught me reading, the world and encouraged me to end up in university 2 decades later. In the late 60's we seemed to have thousands of Reader's Digest's, probably enough copies to make a tolerably resilient enough nuclear shelter with enough wholesome Reader's Digest goodness to suck up all types of commie fallout.

I'm sure we would have renewed our subscription afterward, if the post was still working.

No, I blame the University Of Innsbruck.

Here is the PDF, for those inclined, to have a printable excuse for strange coffee type behaviour.

https://emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-con...ciated-with-antisocial-personality-traits.pdf

I prefer the more traditional take on this.

"Drink coffee. Do stupid things with more speed and focus"

Last edited:
Another thing.

"The closest correlation found in the study was between bitter foods, like radishes and tonic water, and “everyday sadism,” or the enjoyment of inflicting moderate levels of pain on others. Yikes."

I mean what is "Everyday sadism"?! Strange stuff.

Mrs Ladd is fond of radishes, and my Grandmother liked the big winter radishes pickled. Both are and were not "everyday sadists", although my Granmother could deliver a mean kidney punch if she pinned you up against the wall, considering she was 4'9" and was born in 1895.

It must be some Innsbruck thing.

Top Bottom