What's new

All-Clad Measuring Cups

Anyone else own a set of these? I received the cups and measuring spoons as a birthday gift yesterday and couldn't be happier with the quality, weight and design.

proxy.php

They look like little saucepans! Neat.

Never used measuring cups here in the UK. In fact I've never seen a set. Seems like just more to wash up. We usually measure by weight using scales. I have a cheap electronic scale and you just put the bowl on and press the tare button after each ingredient, setting the reading back to zero.

We do use teaspoons/tablespoons for small measurements though.

Gareth

Cups are very very easy to use, especially when it comes to baking.

Of course it helps if your recipe is also stated in cups but the English can't really decide what units it likes to use.

Cups are very very easy to use, especially when it comes to baking.

Of course it helps if your recipe is also stated in cups but the English can't really decide what units it likes to use.

My cheap electronic scales do Imperial or Metric. I prefer metric myself. Much easier to think in! And yes, I was brought up when Imperial was the standard.

My problem is that there are so many good looking American recipes n the web but I have no idea what the measurements are, without a set of those cups. A cup of water is a lot heavier than a cup flour!

What if you tap the flour down? That will alter the quantity too. Far too messy for me!

Gareth

Swore at my SWMBO when she bought them. They are probably the best we have ever had.... Had to eat my words, and they tasted pretty bitter

Anyone else own a set of these? I received the cups and measuring spoons as a birthday gift yesterday and couldn't be happier with the quality, weight and design.

proxy.php

Very nice. I had a set once and the only issue I had was the weld broke on the handle and it separated from the cup. Still usable though.

My problem is that there are so many good looking American recipes n the web but I have no idea what the measurements are, without a set of those cups. A cup of water is a lot heavier than a cup flour!

This is the site I use when I'm converting recipes to send to my British in-laws. They haven't reported any problems so far using the converted recipes. Hope it's helpful!

We've used All-Clad cookware for many years but I never knew these existed! Cool! However, one thing we don't need, is more measuring cups. We must have a half dozen sets already!

I actually wish most recipes that involve packable ingredients would list mass instead of volume. If volume is variable then how am I supposed to know how much to put in?

I may have to look into these British recipes as the ingredient lists actually mean something definite.

Nice measuring cups though.

I actually wish most recipes that involve packable ingredients would list mass instead of volume. If volume is variable then how am I supposed to know how much to put in?

I may have to look into these British recipes as the ingredient lists actually mean something definite.

Nice measuring cups though.

It really only matters for baking. Cups are fine to use for cooking.

I have the measuring spoons. Nice and heavyweight stuff. As to the difference in using a scale vs cup measures, here in the south, we use cups because you really gotta "pack" that dark brown sugar when making a BBQ rub or Sauce!

Top Bottom