What's new

Aftershave Pass Box

KJ posted a couple links in the first post and I went with the 25 pack of 8ml on Amazon.The 10 pack of 5ml tubes has screw on lids rather than the stoppers of the ones I ordered. But I plan on trying many AS samples and wanted to include my own samples to the box so I'll definitely need more than 10 tubes.
Thank you, [MENTION=110569]Catalinbread[/MENTION], I like the idea of the stopper topped ones, too, so I better get to ordering them.

Also, It cost me about $19 to ship this via the Large Flat Rate box that it is currently in. A couple of folks have mentioned being able to add a few bottles to the box. There is only room for maybe a couple more right now. If you all want, we can open the box up completely to new adds, but then it will have to go into a larger box and the shipping cost will go up. I will need everyone to weigh in on this before I decide what to do since it affect's you all, not me. Do you want to pay more and have the chance at sampling more? Or do you want to leave it as-is?
I have no preference either way; I'm just happy to be included in this passaround. :thumbup:

I won't chime in what you guys want to do since I'm the first one getting the box and just going to throw some small vials in. That is if I have the bottle to fill those vials with in a time.

I think we should stick with the large flat rate box. It is easily replaceable at the PO for free if it gets damaged. If we go bigger, you might have to go box hunting to pass it on to the next person. Just my 2 cents. I'm okay either way.

I think we should stick with the large flat rate box. It is easily replaceable at the PO for free if it gets damaged. If we go bigger, you might have to go box hunting to pass it on to the next person. Just my 2 cents. I'm okay either way.
+1

Ditto.

Mail guy came bearing the usual bills and credit card offers. So I thought maybe tomorrow. Went to the gym and came home this was sitting on my porch!
$20160729_185127.jpg
I'll open later tonight or tomorrow when I get my tubes to keep my son out of it. I'll pm mightyeskimo if he's sent that bottle of Swashbuckler. If I'm expecting it soon I'll hold onto the box an extra day or two and put some samples in if that's OK. If not I'll get it out right away.

Had to smell a few. Definitely some must buys in there. I gravitated right to The Veg and sadly I haven't been chosen. It wasn't nearly as bad as some have made it sound though. Initial in the bottle smell reminded me of fiberglass in a can, a dab on skin I definitely get the floral urinal cake smell. I think the worst description I've heard is cigarette butts soaked in cat pee which I don't smell anything at all like that.

Had to smell a few. Definitely some must buys in there. I gravitated right to The Veg and sadly I haven't been chosen. It wasn't nearly as bad as some have made it sound though. Initial in the bottle smell reminded me of fiberglass in a can, a dab on skin I definitely get the floral urinal cake smell. I think the worst description I've heard is cigarette butts soaked in cat pee which I don't smell anything at all like that.

Well at least you tried it. You just don't know that what it's going to do until you wear it. When I first tried the Veg, my said..."That smells like old lady stuff!" Only she didn't say stuff. And that sir was the last time I ever wore the Veg!

The VEG does change in glass. I'd recommend everyone decant their VEG sample into a glass vial and let it sit for a while before using.

The VEG does change in glass. I'd recommend everyone decant their VEG sample into a glass vial and let it sit for a while before using.

I'll give it a whirl. Don said he 2 day fed ex expressed the Swashbuckler today so I can have samples in the box by Tuesday if that's ok for everyone.

Bummer, I'm getting the plastic tubes, so I'll just have to use it straight up :syn: but this is the fun part of a passaround...hearing how other guys describe things and seeing how the experiences are the same or different!!!

I'll give it a whirl. Don said he 2 day fed ex expressed the Swashbuckler today so I can have samples in the box by Tuesday if that's ok for everyone.
Very OK with me; it means that we get another AS to among the great scents already in the box. :thumbup:

It absolutely does change, and for the better. I used to think I was not chosen. Then I got this bottle. Now I am definitely chosen. :thumbup1:

$IMG_0597.jpg

Yeah, I'm with ya. But that bottle is full of vintage VEG right? I have a couple bottles of vintage stuff in original glass bottles and it's not the same as the modern formula.

But keeping the modern stuff in glass does get rid of the skunky smell that pinaud products get from their sucky bottles.

I'm not saying you all need glass bottles for your decants, plastic is fine.... Except when it comes to the VEG. If at all possible, get that one into glass for best results. Heck, go to the liquor store and get a small airplane size bottle of whatever you fancy, drink it, and use that for the VEG!

Yeah, I'm with ya. But that bottle is full of vintage VEG right? I have a couple bottles of vintage stuff in original glass bottles and it's not the same as the modern formula.

But keeping the modern stuff in glass does get rid of the skunky smell that pinaud products get from their sucky bottles.

I'm not saying you all need glass bottles for your decants, plastic is fine.... Except when it comes to the VEG. If at all possible, get that one into glass for best results. Heck, go to the liquor store and get a small airplane size bottle of whatever you fancy, drink it, and use that for the VEG!

Yeah, it is vintage, and I think it's close, but not exactly the same. I don't know how old it is. I'm not sure whether it is a change in formula or just the age. It doesn't seem to last as long as the new stuff. Any thoughts? I figure that after this is gone, I will get a new plastic bottle and decant into this one.

Or maybe I should take the next empty hot sauce bottle, decant some new Veg into it, and then do a comparison.

Last edited:
Now I don't detect anything off about the smell of The Veg. Just a very powdery floral scent. I have a full bottle of Pinaud Clubman (my only AS) that has all my powder bases covered. I'm liking the sporty scents so far.

Amazon said my sample tubes would be delivered today and they weren't. Checking USPS tracking number all it says is pre-shipment info sent.:a32:
On the brighter side my first puck of Tabac arrived today which I do like the smell of. $8 with free shipping from the UK for a full puck of Tabac I don't know how that woman makes money.

On the brighter side my first puck of Tabac arrived today which I do like the smell of. $8 with free shipping from the UK for a full puck of Tabac I don't know how that woman makes money.

I know. I bought a Tabac stick from the same place a while back. I don't know how they do it.

Sorry for any delay I caused on this Pass Around. I hope you all enjoy some Swashbuckler AS. It was made exclusively for the East Coast Wet Shavers Facebook Group by Kelly at Beaver Woidwright as a soap/AS combo. IFIRC it was approximately $36 for the set.

Here's the description from the website:

The Swashbuckler Aftershave: Created for our friends in the East Coast Wet Shavers facebook group. The Swashbuckler was created to take in all the scents of the East Coast, from the great fir forests of the north to sprawling oceans of our eastern coasts, this scent captures it all. The crisp ozone smells of the oceans mingle with the fresh fir notes that give way to green notes of the grasses in between captured by a manly leather base that men want and women love! No matter where you go on the East Coast you'll be represented here.

We make each batch of our artisan shaving soap by hand, in small batches so you have the very best shaving soap. Our shaving soaps help protect your face from nicks and razor burn by providing you a thick, rich cushion for your razor to glide on. Our soaps offer superior slickness that will help keep that smooth feel as your razor glides on a protective cushion. Our post shave feel is second to none, your face will feel fresh and mousturized, not dry and rough.

Every soap somes in our 6 oz plastic jar so you can store them with ease and whip up your lather easily.

Ingredients: Coconut oil, Shea Butter, Steric Acid, Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin

Last edited:
Top Bottom