What's new

Advice on first pair of Red Wing boots

I’ll be putting my blacksmiths on an auction site. 11d is pretty much a 12e in Allen Edmonds. The only way I can wear them is with an insert and that’s not the way these were meant to be worn. If I had a redwing store to buy from I would have, unfortunately I went off of USA made red wing work boot and the sizes were not uniform. I hate to do it but I just can’t wear these things.

I’ll be putting my blacksmiths on an auction site. 11d is pretty much a 12e in Allen Edmonds. The only way I can wear them is with an insert and that’s not the way these were meant to be worn. If I had a redwing store to buy from I would have, unfortunately I went off of USA made red wing work boot and the sizes were not uniform. I hate to do it but I just can’t wear these things.

Yeah - the number 8 last is one I wear a full size down. (I’m normally a 12 - my IRs and Beckmans are 11s.)

Sorry!

My approach was to get measured at Nordstroms then have them order from RedWing. I was then able to try the shoes in the store. Great fit!! If there was any issue then Nordstrom would have taken care of it. (And I don’t own stock in Nordstrom.) :a14::a14:

Sorry!

My approach was to get measured at Nordstroms then have them order from RedWing. I was then able to try the shoes in the store. Great fit!! If there was any issue then Nordstrom would have taken care of it. (And I don’t own stock in Nordstrom.) :a14::a14:
Nordstrom is good for that. I always just go to the local Red Wing store though. Now they have that fancy schmancy scanner that scans your feet and tells you what your size is. I know that first time they used it on me, I was shocked at how wide my feet are and how narrow of boots Id been buying all these years.

Sorry!

No Nordstrom around here. I’m an 11.5 on the device at AE so ordered an 11. These things are massively oversized.

Ugh... one of my pet peeves. Stupid we still have to deal with have runs big, runs small, true to fit, order a size up, size down, etc.

In the age of online commerce, returns and exchanges can seriously cut into margins. It's in the best interest of the manufacturers and retailers to get it right. If the item is to start tight/snug and be broken over time, just take that into account. How great would it be just to be able to order to the Brannock device sizing.

Top Bottom