What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL 2024

I feel like a dog, after one or possible quite a few too many drink yesterday. At least this Gibbs shave was a treat, the rest of the day shall be a struggle.

Set to N for No more liquor!

full

Aaahhh, I know those moments well. A good soup and a couple of aspirin will get you back to recovery. On the other hand, my personal remedy was/is a Bloody Maria (Tequila) in a Tall Boy glass. Good as new and ready for the next round. Of course a traditional Bloody Mary (Vodka) would work just as well. Speedy recovery amigo….

Cheers!!! :a17:

Day 28, Parker Variant Open Comb

20240428_081657-01-01.jpeg

The Variant OC really is an excellent adjustable razor. These rounded combs feel super gentle on the skin. It's merely a delight. It offers plenty of range - from mild to (not over the top) wild. Definitely a recommendation when a reasonably priced adjustable razor is in question.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Dropping in late but had to get a few adjustables in, or at least this one.
Yaqi TFC with a Rapira Swedish Supersteel. Only complaint was the original slick handle which was fixed by @Clouds . Last few shaves where good but had to take it easy under the nose with some irritation and sensitive skin which isn't normal for me. The TFC delivered an incredibly smooth and close shave, I just had to crank down to 2 for the ATG pass under the nose.

1000002308.jpg

AA ‘24

An off day from work and I just wanted to take in a lovely morning with a solid & comfortable shave. I don’t have to give details nor explain what the Parker Variant can deliver to most as there are plenty of posts that abound in this forum and many others let alone the posts within this thread. It simply is a solid and well above average performer. The SB version is really good taking a back seat only to its OC younger stablemate (in my experience) as it works easily yet with excellent cutting ability. One would be hard pressed to find a razor of this performance acumen and still be offered at a very affordable price.

Great shaves to all…

ED2CDBF0-84AC-4BF8-B36D-F8F5BDC2923F.jpeg

Day 29, Rocnel Sailor 2022 L MC

20240429_100902.jpeg

Adjustable April 2024 is almost in the books... but it ain't over 'til the fat lady boy sings 😉

Anyway, I wanted to take the chance to thank everyone for their posts and pictures in the recent weeks... It's been a great pleasure!

Cheers!

Adjustable April 24 - Shave 30

Schick Krona Adjustable
Schick Super Chromium blade
Rubberset 400 with a Oumo Silvertip
Master Soap Creations - Zeus God of Thunder soap and splash

The last day of AA24.
This is a prototype and other than the Schick on the underneath of the twist-knob there is nothing else that tells you that its a Schick.

There are also no other markings/codes anywhere. It was made around the mid to late 1960's and we currently know of about 5 examples.

I last used it exactly 2-years ago today.

As always, it's been fun. Thanks to @JAHE for hosting..
sotd240430.jpg

L'Essor Le Supreme • Ladas
B&M Spice • Semogue SOC Badger
IMG_20240429_142421426.jpg

Wouldn't you just like to shake the hand of the man who came up with the idea for a differential adjustable? 🤪
- "But boss, can't we just turn the... ?"
- "No! I want a differential adjustable!"
- "Well okay then, if you say so"
Complete madness of course, but fortunately in every way that matters Le Supreme lives up to its name. It's way too complicated to explain what I set this to - "1st pass on 2 on the blue side which is 4 on the red, then back to..." - but the shave this morning might have been the best of the lot. Thanks to everyone for the month. It's been a blast!

Top Bottom