What's new

ACtober (used to be October) is for AC Platform Razors | Version 1 | 2022

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tuesday 20221004
ACtober 2022
20221004_155318~2.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors The General V2 (@Rosseforp GTC 25G Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (4)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E (TNS 26mm Quartermoon Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
20221004_155359~2.jpg

A top tier kit and a superb top tier shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11954858

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
ACtober 2022
20221004_155318~2.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors The General V2 (@Rosseforp GTC 25G Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (5)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E (TNS 26mm Quartermoon Knot)

Same kit as yesterday. Too lazy to take new pics, so going with reruns from yesterday. :cool:

Same results as yesterday: A top tier kit and a superb top tier shave! :001_wub:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11955959

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My ATT X1 AC Slant was delivered today in time for me to use it after a nice shower. I was a bit tired... 5 and 5 today... 5 miles on my mountain bike and 5k meters on my Concept2 Rower.

As most of you know, I've been a fan of the ESC Claymore Evolution since February. It's been my only AC format razor and I've used it a lot... 5+ months of shaves in a row. I will use it to evaluate the X1. I don't really have another choice. The X1 is my first slant so I can't compare with other slants I've used. I guess it'll be an AC razor duel.

First stroke: the first thing I noticed was the X1 had quite a bit more blade feel than the Claymore. I am used to blade feel so this didn't bother me but it was my first observation.

The shave itself? Effortless. I didn't struggle to find the best shave angle. As usual, I start with the handle parallel to my face, lift up the handle until the blade engages and go from there. Easy peasy. As Matt from ATT says.... the X1 is "smooth but efficient" and I agree wholeheartedly. I enjoyed the shave quite a bit, enough so I am sure this razor will become one of my favorites. Is it better than the Claymore? It's too early to tell but it's certainly its equal. Just one shave.... I'll need a few more to confirm some of my initial thoughts. I think it's probably a step up in efficiency from the Claymore Evo and maybe equal to the Blutt BR-1 .86 in that regard. I still haven't used the Blutt 1.2... we'll see how that goes soon. I should probably shave with the X1 a few times in a row to get a better feel for it.

Thx to all who recommended the X1. I'm very glad I didn't wait to purchase it. I can tell already, it's going to be a regular in my arsenal.

I need to set up my new light box and actually shoot some photos. I'm disappointed in myself. <eg>

SOTD: 06/10/2022

Razor: Colonial General With UFO Colibri Handle
Blade: Feather Professional, 3rd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Cologne
Balm: Proraso Red Sandalwood Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of Something Dark And Gothic
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack

Experimented with the Colonial General with a titanium handle. For me it certainly helped. Still nothing like as smooth as the Hawk v3 though.

B683BDF3-2E31-475F-BA91-E2D345E167D5.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
OCTober
ACtober

Last night’s luxury shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (2)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel cream

The Wee Scot was feeling scritchier. Probably needs more frequent removal of buildup. Soaked it in a mixture of hot water, dishwashing liquid, and lime juice for about 20 minutes for next shave. Will see if that reduced the scritch. It brought back some badger funk so we’ll see. Shave itself was steep ATG with much less buffing. Well, my ucky whiskers were removed so there’s that.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
ACtober 2022
20221006_092508~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25G Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (1)
Brush: @apshaveco Beehive (28mm Synbad Fan)
20221006_092606~2.jpg

A top tier kit and an exceptional top tier shave! :001_wub:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11957031

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
OCTober
ACtober

Tonight’s luxury shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (3)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: no
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel cream

Lathered up and went shallow ATG with an eye on comfort. On and around chin, used the Gillette slide to greatly reduce resistance. BBS sideburns and trimmed on rest of face and neck.

First ACtober entry
Ikon El Jefe / Feather Pro Guard
Rubberset 400 / Oumo Silvertip
Mitchells Wool Fat

The blade is pushed as forward as it can go. My normal two pass plus buffing in my normal troublesome areas got me very close to a BBS.
I think that I've found "my" blade and setup for this razor - YMMV.

SOTD221007.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, ACtober 7th, Friday, 2022

Razor : Yaqi Chrome Excalibur with a Yaqi 316 SS polished handle- Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, interesting clamping design, fairly accurate blade alignment on this this model, affordable + I always get a close enjoyable shave with the Yaqi Excalibur razor head.
Blade : Schick p30 AC Proline 50mm, sharp & smooth + reasonable longevity for any AC blade I have used.
Soap : Tabac, different mild flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Excellent post shave feel with this soap also.
Brush : Yaqi "Ever helpful" 22 mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, firm pillow soft tips, excellent scrubber, good lather painter. This brush was designed for those fellow who love the scrub, shorter loft + dense packed with soft tips = best scrub brush in my harem of different brushes. It is just a different face feel that is not like my boar brushes, I bought it on sale and still enjoy it once in a while and glade I purchased it.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick AC proline blade. Very enjoyable shave this morning!
SOTD October 7 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Still flying "Glamorous Glennis" for ACtober...

SOTD: Friday October 7, 2022 (ACtober 3rd)
Razor: ATT X1
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild PINK (5)
Brush: Omega 10005
Soap: Old Hippie's Peppermint Trip

What to do when one starts to run out of superlatives?

Recycle them.

Lovely razor, lovely shave. Y'all have a lovely day.

O.H.

Top Bottom