Blade: Feather Professional, 2nd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Snowinspring Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Old School Rockabilly Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Another damn fine shave. Now I am used to them my skin is thanking me for using SE blades as I get none of the irritation on my neck that DE blades gave me.

30EA8A24-280C-44CE-B06A-71D2BD0C1CA0.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Should we polish or love oxidation?

You’re asking the tough question, Mr. Beer.

Your razor’s budding patina looks lovely in a rugged way that I think will look even better over time (as a reference, please search pictures of the brass Blackbird used by @Steinmetzify in the Blackland Blackbird Brotherhood club), but it’s also a Polish razor so maybe you’re supposed to break out the Koyo Sunlite paste after every third shave?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Your razor’s budding patina looks lovely in a rugged way that I think will look even better over time (as a reference, please search pictures of the brass Blackbird used by @Steinmetzify in the Blackland Blackbird Brotherhood club), but it’s also a Polish razor so maybe you’re supposed to break out the Koyo Sunlite paste after every third shave?

An impossible question?

It's 100% subjective.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
ACtober 2022
20221003_130007~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25G Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (3)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Brut Classic
20221003_130106~2.jpg

In all respects, a top tier kit and a superb top tier shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11953520

Yes, it has a matte satin finish so the patina increases relatively evenly, I like the majestic look (and it's not too much trouble to polish).
I got the Brass Bird, although it hasn't arrived yet, and I'll take a look at Brotherhood later for reference.

By the way, I'm very disappointed that my rod doesn't have the cat's claw engraving🤣

SOTD: 04/10/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Feather Professional, 1st use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Tabac Puck
Aftershave: Tabac EDT
Balm: Proraso Red Sandalwood Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Er, You Are Not Going To Wear That Out In Public Are You?

Double whammy this morning qualifying me for both ACtober and Tabactober.

Lovely shave this morning, I really do enjoy the Tabac hard soap. For me I normally get a slight Nick or weeper somewhere but never with this soap.

The Yaqi Excalibur definitely punches above its weight and while I often wonder what a Blackland Vector would be like being as it's ten times the cost, is it ten times better?........

C8A2F331-E15C-4793-AF7F-300973F8A261.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
OCTober
ACtober

Tonight’s luxury shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (1)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel cream

Happily got enough water in the lather. My main pass was steep ATG buffing the whole way. So was the minimal pickup. Probably didn’t need to buff, but it was a thing I was trying the last time I picked up the razor. A few red dots around the lips, but the aftershave didn’t sting.

E3DE5A81-389F-4F6F-A345-677374276B72.jpeg

SOTD: 05/10/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3 With Titanium Halo Handle
Blade: Feather Professional, 3rd use
Brush: Kent H8 Best Badger
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Lea Shaving Soap Stick
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice (Imported From India). Aftershave
Balm: Phoenix And Beau Nightwitch Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of 1940's Jazz Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

It's not often I face lather but from time to time I get the urge. I have three of four shave sticks and today it was the turn of the Lea. For the price you cannot fault this soap.

The Hawk v3 with a Feather blade on its third use was butter smooth, I had to check there was a blade in it.

807AC58C-42BF-462E-B9E3-FBAAD43E46F9.jpeg

Top Bottom