What's new

Acqua di Parma Colonia

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Is 'Intensa' just a more concentrated or stronger form of the original colonia, or is it something different altogether?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Last week I traded a naggin of vintage kanon cologne for a brand new bottle of Acqua di Parma Colonia. It arrived here last Saturday. I've used it 4 days since getting it, and I am smitten indeed. So much more complex than the knock offs like Razorock XXX, and a gentler scent as well. Really perfect for work. I love how after the initial citrus and green blast it dries down to a clean, soapy scent that lasts nearly the entire day. My wife says she likes it because it doesn't smell like I'm wearing a fragrance- I just smell fresh and clean. High praise from that quarter. I really couldn't be happier.

Owen, there are certainly good reasons why Colonia has been on the market since 1916. Its original formula has never changed and today it is Acqua di Parma's flagship fragrance.

More woody notes with a scent that lasts a little longer, I think.
It has been about a decade since I sniffed the Intensa, but it wasn't to my taste, while I love original Colonia. The woody base used to enhance longevity just wasn't implemented well into the Colonia formulation, IMO. It *does* have much better performance, but all the greatness of the original was set aside in order to achieve it. Sometimes it is better just to reapply the original instead.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
It has been about a decade since I sniffed the Intensa, but it wasn't to my taste, while I love original Colonia. The woody base used to enhance longevity just wasn't implemented well into the Colonia formulation, IMO. It *does* have much better performance, but all the greatness of the original was set aside in order to achieve it. Sometimes it is better just to reapply the original instead.
Excellent and informative posts by you, Drseid and @Atlantic59. Thanks to both of you.

Top Bottom