What's new

Acqua di Parma, Collezione Barbiere

Although I love Acqua di Parma cologne, I wasn't impressed very much by the cream... And... about packaging, this is a matter of personal tastes, of course, but I think Penhaligon's BB Shaving Cream is the one to beat! :)

No doubt Pens creams are very good, I've tried several samples, but since I face lather, I prefer to use a firm cream from a tub rather than a soft cream from a tube. I do have Pen's BB shave soap and its a good performer but I prefer AdP, SMN and Castle Forbes Creams.

No doubt Pens creams are very good, I've tried several samples, but since I face lather, I prefer to use a firm cream from a tub rather than a soft cream from a tube. I do have Pen's BB shave soap and its a good performer but I prefer AdP, SMN and Castle Forbes Creams.

You can still face lather with cream from a tube, just squirt a pea size amount into the middle of the brush.

On another note, I am still anxiously awaiting my AdP. Luscious Cargo was out of stock and didn't say anything when I placed my order last Thursday. They are supposed to restock and mail it out tomorrow...hopefully.

On another note, I am still anxiously awaiting my AdP. Luscious Cargo was out of stock and didn't say anything when I placed my order last Thursday. They are supposed to restock and mail it out tomorrow...hopefully.

Same here... I can only imagine they ran out, but I'll cut them some slack. They probably sold one jar per month until they ran that promotion.

Same here,I sure was hoping to get to use it Saturday morning and then I got the e-mail saying it would be shipped Friday.
I thought that I ordered ADP a couple of weeks ago but I ordered Santa Maria Novella by mistake at Lee's but the SMN is some damn good cream/soap and I am happy that I made the mistake.
I find myself reaching for it every morning now.

Paul

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Acqua di Parma, Santa Maria Novella and Castle Forbes (in particular CF Lime Oil) are my absolute favourite creams, too.:thumbup1:
I posted a review and a thread on these three gems.

Same here...I received the same email that they were out of stock and would be getting new stock Friday and then shipping. I can only hope that they received their stock and will ship tomorrow/Monday. For samples, I ordered Pecksniff's and I'm eagerly anticipating giving them a try.

Acqua di Parma, Santa Maria Novella and Castle Forbes (in particular CF Lime Oil) are my absolute favourite creams, too.

After trying tons of creams and soaps, I've decided that AdP will be my main cream and rotate it with MWF in the winter and SMN in the summer.

I just finished my first tub of Castle Forbes Lime and it was outstanding. I'm torn on whether to buy another but I really need to finish several other creams before buying more, specifically SMN.

Received an email and USPS shipping notification today that Lucious Cargo is shipping my AdP cream and cologne. Hope you guys receive one also!

Luscious Cargo is having another 20% off sale on Acqua Di Parma. 20% off of all products from both lines: Acqua di Parma and Blu Mediterraneo. Use coupon code ADPBM20 at checkout. Coupon effective through 8/20/10 and is good for domestic orders only.

I know I'm resurrecting a dead thread here, but I just had a shave with AdP for the first time this morning and it was heavenly. The lather was a little suspect for my first time, but it was very protecting and afforded a nice close shave. And the smell... Wow. And much longer lasting than I would have thought. This is definitely going to be a gateway drug into the edt, I can tell

Marco, it's official, all of my favorite soaps are now Italian. Resistance is futile.

I know I'm resurrecting a dead thread here, but I just had a shave with AdP for the first time this morning and it was heavenly. The lather was a little suspect for my first time, but it was very protecting and afforded a nice close shave. And the smell... Wow. And much longer lasting than I would have thought. This is definitely going to be a gateway drug into the edt, I can tell

Marco, it's official, all of my favorite soaps are now Italian. Resistance is futile.

All of this talk about the great smell of AdP makes me wonder if I got a bad jar. The smell was truly repugnant from the jar and my girlfriend had the same reaction without any prompting from me. The jar was brand new stock from luscious cargo. Are there any other creams that I may have tried that might smell at all similar in comparison?

Someone posted about a week or 10 days ago that londonshop.com had AdP as their daily discount . $43.12 SHIPPED:001_tt1: Had to do it.

'Not on the same planet'...???? I severely doubt that, actually. They simply can't be, both for obvious and not so obvious reasons. The point is that you're purchasing the same fatty acids, most likely from very similar sources;

I guess you can say the same thing about Big Macs from McDonald's and a steak from Morton's.

An expensive cream maybe, but in a rotation it will last so long that the price, in my opinion, is secondary. It smells divine, lathers like a dream, and it's one cream I do not see leaving my rotation anytime soon. :thumbup:

David

Top Bottom