What's new

Acqua di Parma, Collezione Barbiere

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Acqua di Parma, Collezione Barbiere (Barber Collection).
This is, without any doubt, one of the most luxurious, expensive and prestigious shaving creams available on the market today.
It is produced by “Acqua di Parma”, an italian company internationally renowned for creating some of the best high quality perfumery items in the World.
The originis of this respected company date back to 1916, when a small perfume factory, in the old town center of Parma (center – north Italy), was created.
Here skilled Master perfiumers created a unique, fresh and light fragrance: the “Acqua di Parma Colonia”, which became the most appreciated and popular perfume in Italy between 1930 and 1960.
Anyhow the modern company, as we know it today, was created only in the 90’s, when Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, President of the Ferrari Group, and other authoritative italian entrepreneurs, decided to renovate and develop this historic brand.
The re-birth of Acqua di Parma was market by the introduction of some new, fresh lines of products and, among these, Collezione Barbiere.
Therefore Old School wet shavers like me CANNOT consider Collezione Barbiere as a classical line with ages of history.
It’s better to say, in fact, it’s a modern, top quality range that continues the great Italian Barbershop tradition, started with best-established products like Santa Maria Novella, Proraso, P.160 or Cella.
That said, I want to write down some opinions on Acqua di Parma shaving cream, the flagship in the Collezione Barbiere.
This amazing cream is housed in a very elegant, sturdy round box and the cream itself is contained in a beautiful glass bowl with a silver screw top: this is REAL class.
No other cream I’ve ever used has a so refined packaging and a so gorgeous jar.
As some other top-notch creams, this product is extremely dense and concentrated, just like Castle Forbes shaving creams or Crema da Barba Santa Maria Novella.
So a very little amount is needed to produce vast quantities of thick, slick, creamy lather.
AdP shaving cream has in its ingredients list glycerin, hydrolized wheat protein, almond oil and extracts of mallow.
This explains its unique, fresh, pleasant scent and excellent moisturizing properties.
In terms of efficacy this gem gives great lubrication and close, comfortable shaves each time I use it.
In other words its overall quality and performance is simply outstanding.
The only negative point about this product is that it is VERY, VERY, VERY expensive.
Here in Rome its price is around € 45 per piece (4.4 OZ - 125 gr) and that’s a LOT more compared to any other top-notch shaving cream I keep in my rotation.
But, again, this is the sole negative point about Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere shaving cream.
Seriously.
Everything else is exactly like heaven.

Yet another fantastic review, Marco. I had no idea a gentleman from Ferrari brought back the brand.

Would you be able to post a picture of the ingredient list?

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Yet another fantastic review, Marco. I had no idea a gentleman from Ferrari brought back the brand.

Would you be able to post a picture of the ingredient list?

Joe, my friend,

You ask,
I do.

Attachments

• $IMG_1319.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,741
It is amazing stuff. I sold a few 1/2 samples a few weeks ago. You need very little, but it is pretty darn expensive. It's a nice treat, but value wise, I prefer Trumper and Nancy Boy.

I think I'll use it tomorrow and post a picture of how little it needed to generate lather for a 3 pass shave.

What a fantastic review, thanks for that! I only use my Acqua di Parma cream once every two or three months - it's probably the most unique, high class shaving experience in my rotation. In summer I'll open the window, pretend I'm somewhere in Italy and enjoy a whiff of the good life.

If you can get a sample - definitely try this one out. It's expensive, yes, but worth every penny. You don't just buy a shaving cream, you buy a beautiful bowl and quite the special experience.

Great review, much appreciated. :thumbup: I have noticed in your reviews that you use a lot more product than I do...maybe its because I face lather.

I have several top of the line shave creams and AdP is my favorite, great scent, lubicity and moisturizing properties. I've had my tub for a little over a year now and I'm just now about half way. I like to use it on days that I wear AdP Colonia EdT, 2-3 days a week.

My wife picked me up some when she was in Rome last week. After reading Marco's review, I'm dying to try it out. (She's still visiting family and hasn't come home yet)

i love this stuff, i paid full price for my first jar (which is around half way down) and i managed to get an extra jar half price thanks to it being a display unit and didnt have the original box,

i love this stuff, its one of the best shaving creams out there, and its very thick, the secret to this cream is treat it as a soap, its VERY dense, prorasso is "runny" next to this stuff

my only fault with it, the lather smells amazingly like AdP, but when in the jar, it smells like concentrated AdP which has a taint of urine at some times,

Amazing stuff, lathers wonderfully and very moisturising. Certainly one of my favourite creams and although I've seen some mixed reviews of the scent I have to say I love it.

I just stocked the shave den on a recent trip stateside; have enough for at least 2 years now. However, I have been glancing at Castle Forbes products for my next trip stateside, and now Marco, you have me longing for the ADP products. While it is certainly expensive, I classify this in Johnnie Walker Blue country. What I mean is that as a scotch drinker, I could not afford to drink Blue all the time. However, for a special occasion, it is worth buying a bottle. I think the ADP is in this territory-buy it and save it for those special shave days, when you can really take your time and luxuriate in the shave. Thanks for the great info., Marco, you have done it again.:thumbup:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I just stocked the shave den on a recent trip stateside; have enough for at least 2 years now. However, I have been glancing at Castle Forbes products for my next trip stateside, and now Marco, you have me longing for the ADP products. While it is certainly expensive, I classify this in Johnnie Walker Blue country. What I mean is that as a scotch drinker, I could not afford to drink Blue all the time. However, for a special occasion, it is worth buying a bottle. I think the ADP is in this territory-buy it and save it for those special shave days, when you can really take your time and luxuriate in the shave. Thanks for the great info., Marco, you have done it again.:thumbup:

You're welcome, mate!
Your comparison with a top quality Scotch whiskey fits like a glove!
I hope to add more reviews on Italian shaving products soon, they seem to be very appreciated.

However, for a special occasion, it is worth buying a bottle. I think the ADP is in this territory-buy it and save it for those special shave days, when you can really take your time and luxuriate in the shave.:thumbup:

My take is that life is too short to enjoy it on special occasions only.

Top Bottom