What's new

Abandoning the shaving cream boat...

I've have always been a soap guy. I've tried Proraso and the Pacific Shaving Company shaving cream for road trips, but always end up missing my MWF or D. R. Harris soaps.

I started my wet shaver career with both soaps and creams, then I used exclusively soaps for a while and now I'm starting to reintroduce a few creams (mainly croaps actually like Castle Forbes or Dovo) additionally to my soaps.

I've used both, and in the end, I'm probably a soap guy. My first soap was TOBS Lavender, and my first cream was TOBS Rose. Using both regularly, the Rose was gone in much less time. As for the quality of shave between the two...no material difference for me. Right now my den splits the difference between soap and cream because it's loaded with Italian soft soaps. However, my planned future purchases are definitely all soaps (Arlington, Tabac, MWF, La Toja).

I face lather most of the time, so soaps do make up the majority of my stash. I do use a scuttle for variety once in a while, so I do still have a few creams, and there are a couple (AdP, Trumper's Coconut) that won't be going anywhere. Ever.

Top Bottom