What's new

Abandoning the shaving cream boat...

I was trying out different soaps and came to the conclusion that I am more of a soap guy than a cream guy. I sold off most of my cream except for 2 and moving towards soaps.
Has anyone done this?

I think I may be in the same boat. I'm keeping my creams to make superlathers occasionally, but I think the soaps and face lathering work better for me. Besides, it gives me an excuse to get more Old Spice shaving mugs.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm mostly a soap guy.
I have AOS cream in the tub and various Indian brand tube creams as well as Proraso in the tube and the tub, but I wind up using soap over cream about 70 or 80 percent of the time.
It's nice to have on hand for a change.
As a face latherer 99 percent of the time, soaps can be a little less messy, but creams can be face lathered.
The creams are really nice on the very rare occasion when I load up a scuttle.

i have a 7 day trial thing on the way of cream, but i have never tried any cream before. its always been soaps for me.

Still undecided about soaps and creams. I noticed I was using a soap over the creams more often, but coming back to the creams every so often. I love the creams, just don't last as long.

I went the other way. I started as primarily a soap guy, but now I'm 99% creams. I also use a scuttle, so maybe that's why I find creams easier to deal with.

I am a cream guy. I like to scuttle lather, and it seems creams lather quicker than soaps. However, I do have some MWF for when I want a good soap.

I've started face-lathering soaps (treating them like soap sticks), and that's part of the reason I've all but abandoned creams. Not sure what I'll do about my tub of Acca Kappa 1869, though. I'm not willing to part with that. Maybe I'll use it to make a superlather with Institut Karite. Mmmmmm...

I started out 100% creams. Then tried MWF and that led me down a slippery slope to Omega soft soap, Valobra shave stick, Tabac and Irisch Moos shave sticks, Palmolive (Euro) shave stick and Cella soap. Now my tube of Proraso and tub of TOBS Jermyn St cream feel a bit neglected ... I'm a soap guy 90% of the time at present.

I see shave sticks as the obvious way to shave. Least steps. Apply soap, scrub up, shave. Everything else is needless clutter ;-)

there has been only one cream that ever came close to making it on a shave list for me it was called "Back to Basics" and made in England thats the last I used over 10 years ago ! Soaps have and will be my focus from now on !!
Enjoy Your Shave !!

I slowly became a soap guy myself but I do keep at least one cream on hand, Speick. It's lather is creamy and slick like a tallow soap and it smells great!

Top Bottom