What's new

A week with the Injector E

Over the last few months, I've shaved almost exclusively with my now large collection of GEM SE razors and have had increasingly smooth results.

But last week, I dug out my Injector E. Every shave, one through five (so far) has been BBS. Fast and easy. It doesn't seem to be getting duller, either.

I like the style of the GEMs, but man, that Injector E is one fine razor ... with no learning curve whatsoever.

I have a few and have only shaved with one of them once. Usually during the week I use either a '59 Fatboy or a '57 SS. On the weekends it is usually straights.

This week was my first time using an Injector also. It's a Schick adjustable I bought here on BST, I have shaved with it 3 times set on 3 and it has been a great shave every time! I regret that I bought different Injector razors a couple months ago, but sold them before I even used them.

This week was my first time using an Injector also. It's a Schick adjustable I bought here on BST, I have shaved with it 3 times set on 3 and it has been a great shave every time! I regret that I bought different Injector razors a couple months ago, but sold them before I even used them.

In a YMMV type way, i've been very disappointed with the shaves i've got from my own Schick adjustable from BST. Even at it's most aggressive it's far less aggressive than any DE or SE i have. I'm having to make pass after pass after pass to get anywhere near a DFS. I can hear it cutting, but when i check it seems like almost nothing has gone. Wishing i'd bought a different type to be honest.

In a YMMV type way, i've been very disappointed with the shaves i've got from my own Schick adjustable from BST. Even at it's most aggressive it's far less aggressive than any DE or SE i have. I'm having to make pass after pass after pass to get anywhere near a DFS. I can hear it cutting, but when i check it seems like almost nothing has gone. Wishing i'd bought a different type to be honest.

Wow, sorry to hear that! Did you try more than one blade? Maybe the first one was a dude? The first time I used mine, I could not believe how good the shave was! It felt like I wasn't even shaving. I do my normal 3 pass shave and the results are great.

It's kind of generally accepted that the later models are less aggressive than the early E and G models, and I suppose that could apply to the adjustables as well. Like I told you earlier, even wide open at 8 my adjustables feel milder that an E type, but I get very good shaves with them. A bad blade is possible, or maybe the injector just doesn't fit your particular style.

It's kind of generally accepted that the later models are less aggressive than the early E and G models, and I suppose that could apply to the adjustables as well. Like I told you earlier, even wide open at 8 my adjustables feel milder that an E type, but I get very good shaves with them. A bad blade is possible, or maybe the injector just doesn't fit your particular style.

Yeah, i've used it at 8 and even then it's still not reducing much per pass. I haven't changed the blade yet though, will do that before my next attempt. I'm not giving up on injectors yet though, but i'm keeping an eye out for an earlier model. If i get another i like i'll pass the adjustable on to someone else.

Wow, sorry to hear that! Did you try more than one blade? Maybe the first one was a dude? The first time I used mine, I could not believe how good the shave was! It felt like I wasn't even shaving. I do my normal 3 pass shave and the results are great.

I didn't try changing the blade yet, but i will! I've never had blade issues with DE or SEs so it never occurred to me!

Just watch carefully that the edge doesn't drag across the blade stops when you insert it, especially if there's no blade in the razor. It doesn't take much to booger up the edge.

Just watch carefully that the edge doesn't drag across the blade stops when you insert it, especially if there's no blade in the razor. It doesn't take much to booger up the edge.

Will do. That could be the problem. Of course the razor was empty when i got it, but when i change there should be less chance of blade damage.

Yeah, you'll find the blade goes in much easier when there's one in the razor to hold the plates apart.

A Dream Shave with the new blade! Probably doesn't need to be at 8 either! Thank you kindly for your advice Sir!

Thanks also to Dave258. Not sure if it was a bad blade or one i damaged putting it into an empty razor....

Hey, that's good to hear Brian. I always prefer to blame the equipment, instead of the operator, so let's chalk this one up to a dud blade.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom