What's new

A review of Hugo and not the Boss

I'm intrigued, but not enough to blind buy it... I am currently wearing a lot of Nomad and CO Bigelow: Elixir Black. Also the C&E West Indian Limes for daytime warm weather or warm summer night time.
I assure you if you like Nomad you will like the Hugo. The first time tyrionstark worn nomad I immediately asked "have you ever tried Hugo? They smell similar!"
and Rock if you like Armani I really like Davidoff's Cool Water, also Nautica makes a couple amazing scents!!!

I assure you if you like Nomad you will like the Hugo. The first time tyrionstark worn nomad I immediately asked "have you ever tried Hugo? They smell similar!"
and Rock if you like Armani I really like Davidoff's Cool Water, also Nautica makes a couple amazing scents!!!

I went through the cool water too. The problem was, it was during a time when I didn't have more than one or two scents. I used them so much I ruined the ability to want it again.

What do you think about the Jean Paul Gaultier? I've received some positive reaction to it. I think one has to be careful where they wear it though.

$download (6).jpg

I think Sweetie could have pretty busy and long running thread in the Frag forum... "Women's opinion on your colognes"... lol

I think Sweetie could have pretty busy and long running thread in the Frag forum... "Women's opinion on your colognes"... lol
Would be happy tp

I went through the cool water too. The problem was, it was during a time when I didn't have more than one or two scents. I used them so much I ruined the ability to want it again.

What do you think about the Jean Paul Gaultier? I've received some positive reaction to it. I think one has to be careful where they wear it though.

View attachment 447036
YMMV buuuuut if I was a dude spritzing cologne from a mans torso...is weird but the smell I found to be a bit "HEY IM WEARING EXPENSIVE COLOGNE...HI!" instead of a nice subtle approach

YMMV buuuuut if I was a dude spritzing cologne from a mans torso...is weird but the smell I found to be a bit "HEY IM WEARING EXPENSIVE COLOGNE...HI!" instead of a nice subtle approach

Yeah it's pretty strong, but I only use a light amount. Bottle shape aside LOL, I've never had anyone give me grief about being expensive cologne guy ( the JPG is roughly the same price as the Hugo ). In fact, i've never had a woman actually ever be able to tell me what it was. They all ask what is it? :)

Yeah it's pretty strong, but I only use a light amount. Bottle shape aside LOL, I've never had anyone give me grief about being expensive cologne guy ( the JPG is roughly the same price as the Hugo ). In fact, i've never had a woman actually ever be able to tell me what it was. They all ask what is it? :)
Like I said YMMV I have a few brands that I hold to....um have you tried perry Ellis? They make a few decent ones. Also polo. Also Chrome, the original one

Like I said YMMV I have a few brands that I hold to....um have you tried perry Ellis? They make a few decent ones. Also polo. Also Chrome, the original one

I understand. It just seemed like the bottle shape and the price is what turned you off to it. What polo's do you like?

I understand. It just seemed like the bottle shape and the price is what turned you off to it. What polo's do you like?
Polo sport and polo blue are both lighter....I Ted to head towards a similar type of scent. They are all in the same light easy sultry subtle manly family as Hugo

Le Male is a great frag. I find one spray to the chest, under the shirt is perfect. Probably my fiance's fave. She always changes her mind on my other colognes, but that's one that has stayed in the "love" column.

In fact, you've inspired me to throw on a spray right now :001_smile

As for the bottle shape, I loved it in the sense that I laughed every time I saw it. Gotta be the worst bottle design ever lol. Never stopped me from picking it up, trying it out, liking it and buying it.

Now I know what you Gents are thinking. What on earth does this woman have to say about cologne? You're probably right, I certainly don't wear it, though I have been guilty of spraying it on a sweatshirt in my day, but here is where my expertise may lie.....I have to smell you! After you spritz, slap, dab, squirt, spray, or "de-louse" in the stuff you almost immediately become immune to the smell so you don't know if you smell like this:

Or like this:

There are many colognes that promise staying power, and for the price they are charging frankly they should last a week, but sadly after a few hours your manly fragrance has "left the building". So you hunt and search for the rare treasure of Sierra Madre, while your cabinet slowly fills up with the fallen soldiers of rejects. You slowly give up hope, and your search ends in failure.....until today.

May I introduce you to Hugo cologne by Hugo.
View attachment 446273

First off, it comes in the COOLEST bottle, a clear glass canteen of awesomeness with what appears to be an army (hurrah!) grade canvas strap holding the screw top cover on. Ain't nothing lacy or womanly about this, no sir. This is a man's man bottle! When you open it you'll find an easy use spritzer, so the product need not touch your hands. A squirt behind each ear, and RELEASE THE KRACKEN!
The cologne has a light citrus aroma with a spicy undertone, it's honestly hard to explain and needs to be experienced. It is not one that punches you in the face but makes its presence known subtly throughout the day. This is the cologne men can be wearing, will walk by and I will notice for a GOOD reason. It's amazing!!!!! It also has staying power. My fiancé can apply before he leaves for work and will still smell like first application when he comes home, though I must say the scent gets even better when worn over time. For the price, a little over 20 dollars, for 2.5 ozs it's a great bargain!! I highly recommend giving this cologne a try!

I actually love this stuff. I have a bottle of the as splash and the eau de toilette spray as in the picture. Been wearing it for years. A very nice frag, long lasting on me.

Chris

Top Bottom