What's new

A replacement for Antonio Banderas?

Howdy all. I have a question that I'm sure can be answered here. The story is thus: when I was a sophomore in high school, my girlfriend at the time bought me a set of body products- cologne, aftershave splash, and AS balm- at K-mart. All that I really know about it is that it's called Antonio Banderas- Blue Seduction. The splash and the balm are long gone, but I still have a few spritzes of the cologne left, as I reserve it for special occasions. It's actually quite nice for a big-box cheapo cologne, if very strong. All I can really say to describe the smell is "Ozone"; I was struck by lightning once, and I remember the smell clearly, underneath the burning hair and clothes. It fits me, as I used to work with wiring and I have EKG printouts tattooed up both of my arms (I'm a paramedic now, and I take a strip from every fatality; sort of like counting coup). The problem is, I am running to the bottom of my supply, and I can't find it any more. Does anyone know where I could find more, or if there is a more refined substitute with similar characteristics? My current girl loves it, so I'd like to re-up soon.

Bingo. Thanks Mike! I had heard they discontinued it, and as it was a holiday gift set from K-mart, I didn't think there would be any floating around. Out of curiosity, Have you ever used it? If so, have you found anything like it, but maybe a bit more refined? I like it, but it's awfully strong stuff.

try the co bigelow blue imo its a very similar scent. i like blue for the times when i just want a cologne but dont want to use my expensive stuff. its a nice overall scent. when i ran out i switched to the bigelow blue its right in the same family imo. i LOVE the bigelow white also for this purpose.

I had blue seduction and find it nothing like the C.O. Bigelow blue. The Banderas is much better, a melon bomb. That said, it was one of my most complimented colognes ever, like every time I wore it. More than any Chanel or Tom Ford that I own. It is readily found at CVS and Walgreens. Look for it on sale.

Huh... I had never thought of it, but now that you mention it, I do get the melon notes! It always made me think of ozone for some reason. I can't find it at my local Walgreens, but a couple CVS's just opened up and I have yet to investigate them. Thanks!

Top Bottom