What's new

Stirling Deep Blue Sea and Sharp Dressed Man

I love both of these scents. I love them so much that I have the soaps, aftershave balms, and dry colognes.

I'm interested in getting the aftershave splashes; however, I'm a little hesitant due to the fact that they are "cologne scents." Typically, all my splashes are barbershop-forward (Clubman, Floid blue, Bay Rums, etc.).

That said, for those that have these two scents, are these really strong? I've used Stirling aftershave splashes in the past (Barbershop), that said, I don't want to smell like a department store. Should I just stick with the balms (which are subtle) and dry cologne (again, discreetly applying lets it be subtle)?

My experience with Stirling splashes are that they are medium in projection (radiating out from you). Some Stirling scents last longer than others, but nothing is too 'powerful' in my experience. In aftershaves, I have Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man, Deep Blue Sea, Executive Man, Sandpiper, and Spice, and the Spice is by far the longest lasting. But again, as far as projecting away from you, all are medium as splashes go and, after about an hour or so, nothing extends beyond the 'personal'/close radius.

Stirling Green, Varen, and Glastonbury have lasting staying power.
I find that SDM and DBS are less, but still have a good carry about them.

Scarn is the opposite side of the spectrum, light in body and in carry.

I wear the EdP of Chanel Bleu often and Stirling's Deep Blue is a very good complement.

When I sampled DBS the scent pretty much disappeared after 30 mins. Par for the course with much of Stirling. It was a great scent, though.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have had Stirling's Deep Blue Sea aftershave splash for quite a while...bottle is around half full. It's fairly long lasting for an aquatic scent, but it's not overpowering.

Stirling Green, Varen, and Glastonbury have lasting staying power.
I find that SDM and DBS are less, but still have a good carry about them.

Scarn is the opposite side of the spectrum, light in body and in carry.

I wear the EdP of Chanel Bleu often and Stirling's Deep Blue is a very good complement.

I agree that Varen lasts longer.

I haven't tried Green or Glastonbury.

Top Bottom