What's new

A Penhaligon Cocktail (WOW)!!!!

Having never tried any of the scents from Penhaligons and considering their price I went to their website to see if they had any samplers available. Sure enough I found a kit that included ten different scents 5 ladies/5 gentlemans. Cost a very reasonable $20. Scents included Artemesia, Malabah, Lavandula, Lily of the Valley, Bluebell, Endymion, Blenheim Bouquet, Quercus, English Fern and Hammam Bouquet. All to be sure distinctive and pleasant fragrances. I even found that I liked some of the Ladies fragrances for my self (Malabah is exquisite). I thought to share some with my wife and I'd try the rest on different days and to see how they wore.

proxy.php

But then I was struck with an epiphany. How about a mix... After-all it only cost $20 and the amounts were small. So I proceeded to empty the contents of all 10 vials into a spare decant I had. Like a mad scientist I poured vial after vial, stopping after each one to check my new creation. Pour shake, pour shake. Each resulting concoction overwhelming my senses with a new undiscovered creation. Resisting the temptation to stop a couple of times was difficult when the aroma that was wafting through my shave den was so intoxicating that I thought I dare not add another, however I continued.

The results I have to say are just staggering. In all my life I have NEVER smelled anything remotely close to what I had created. Nor had I ever smelled anything nearly a wonderful. Majestic in stature, purely hedonistic and alluring. For lack of a better description, it was like a multiple orgasm for my nose. Absolute Nirvana! This must be the way it smells in heaven or if not it should be. So distinctive and memorable is this aroma that it does not trigger any memories like nearly every other scent I've smelled does. The blend was neither overly feminine nor masculine and surprisingly not overpowering. Highly complex and immensely pleasurable. Wearing it is like walking down a narrow aisle of an open air market with every flower and fruit in the world on one side with every fresh ground spice on the other. Every new breath providing a different nuance.

In a weeks worth of wearing this I have received comments/stares/breaknecks like never before. Not the normal "You smell nice today" or "What's that your wearing". More of the genre of "WOW That's incredible" or strangers stopping while passing me in line to try smell as much as possible before moving on. While shooting a wedding this weekend I even had the bride ask to borrow some for the "ahem" nuptials.

What I find of more interest is that this blend retains it's complexity and nuance throughout the entire day, and it drives my wife to do unspeakable things...

So if any of you out there want to give something new a try, it is something I HIGHLY RECOMMEND if not for your own olfactory pleasure, do it for the inherent benefits you will surely reap.

I've already bought 5 more kits for myself $100 for about 100ml. Ironically the resultant amount of elixir will be much more costly than the $80 per bottle price tag that initially put me off on Penhaligon's, but this stuff is pure opium. Simply astounding!

BTW I received a PM about this asking among other things what I plan to call it. Hadn't really given it much thought but I think "10" would suit it well.

That's some weird science you've got going on there...

I've mixed my Hamman and my wife's Malabah before...that's a pretty sweet blend!

i think the correct expression is rotflmfas!

pm me and i let you know where you can send a decant to!

cheers :),
ryan

I'm thinking not?

Kinda like the "suicides" that we used to drink as kids (all the sodas at the fountain mixed together).

Surely you jest, when it comes to crappy fountain soda, suicides are the only way to go. Usually sparkling orange juice with a dash of Mountain Dew for caffeine for me =P

WOW, gives me an idea of mixing my 2 favourite scents (that I currently own), Tabac and Burberry Touch and see what happens.

Mixing scents is generally not a good idea, most simply do not behave well together. Penhaligon's(etc) spends a lot of money and time(years) perfecting each new scent that comes out. The amounts of oils are crucial, and throwing the ratios off a bit can result in a scent that is flat, clashes, or exhibits other unpleasantries. A good Penhaligon's super cocktail is quite a long shot, but you have my interest piqued.

Mixing scents is generally not a good idea, most simply do not behave well together. Penhaligon's(etc) spends a lot of money and time(years) perfecting each new scent that comes out. The amounts of oils are crucial, and throwing the ratios off a bit can result in a scent that is flat, clashes, or exhibits other unpleasantries. A good Penhaligon's super cocktail is quite a long shot, but you have my interest piqued.

Very valid points. I think though that when they design their signature scents, their purpose is to blend for effect to suite a certain genre or evoke particular emotions. I'm certainly no chemist but before I did this I read from their website their own descriptions of the individual scents and formed a mental picture of all the descriptions combined. To me it seemed that none were incompatible with the other.

It did not occur to me that mixing would produce any unpleasantness. But now that you mentioned it I guess that it very well could have. I'm thrilled that it didn't. Much like the first chemists that blended citrus and musk, my thought was that all these great scents mixed together should smell fairly decent. This concoction may not be for everyone, but I for one am completely sold. Just like the unschooled wine drinker "I don't know about wines, but I know what tastes good. Is it a Penhaligon's super cocktail? I wouldn't go that far, but my original description is without exaggeration and genuine. $20 is a small price to find out for yourself. Check it out an post your results.

Try sending a decant of your "Ten" to Penhaligon's. . . see if they'll humor you by trying it and commenting on it:001_smile. . . you never know. . .

As a general theory, nobody can dispute that, except for, .......... perfect in who's opinion? I think Tabac is perfect for me, you may hate it!!!!

Then he tells us he's joking after a bunch of guys drop 20 bucks on the kit. And I bet if Penhaligon's heard what you're doing with their stuff they'd come repossess it from your bathroom cabinet. I'm nearly certain this violates the EULA.

Then he tells us he's joking after a bunch of guys drop 20 bucks on the kit. And I bet if Penhaligon's heard what you're doing with their stuff they'd come repossess it from your bathroom cabinet. I'm nearly certain this violates the EULA.

I just love the B&B forums. You guys make me laugh...:lol:

Sure enough I found a kit that included ten different scents 5 ladies/5 gentlemans.

I bought the same kit a few weeks ago. You're making me want to take a few drops from each scent and mix the same concoction. Tempting, very tempting.

I also found Malabah to be exquisite for women. I like Endymion the best for myself.

Hmmm... should I???

Top Bottom