What's new

A month (or at least 9 days) of Prarie Creations

Fourth day....it should have been OS up in the rotation but I could not resist the scent of the Spiced Rum.

I loaded my well shook-out short-lofted silvertip like a front-end loader working a gravel pit. I had so much soap on the tips I was afraid I could not lift the brush.:001_cool:

Face lathered this once again into a thin disappointing lather. A decent quality shave once again but so far I cannot find any "tallowy goodness" in these Prairie Creations tubs.

I am starting to sound like all the Williams detractors..

The Golden ASB OS scented is very good however. So far that is the best part of my V-Day gift.

I think this soap has defeated me.....

Day five and probably the last day ever...I brought the OS version back for its final attempt to lather.

Boreal 976...a huge backboney boar...this brush can lather pure mountain water....I loaded it with so much PC OS that it looked like I had a weeks worth of any other soap on it.

Face lathered into a reasonable amount of lather....but again a thin lather. No real density.

If I loaded this much Tabac on this brush I would likely suffocate from all the lather enveloping my head.

I have always had difficulty understanding peoples use of "cushion" in reference to lather....well this soap has absolutely defined "lack of cushion" for me. Now I get it....I just have never experienced a lather without cushion...something I have always though of as density. Even Williams which has thinner density than any other soap I use has cushion compared to these PC soaps.

Shave was slick enough again, and the scent was pleasing....but this is not enough.

I want dense, creamy lather with glide...dense lather is heavenly...unfortunately this Praire Creations lather is not one I can make dense enough to continue using.

I hate to be too harsh...but I think I wasted money on these soaps.

I do like the Golden ASB however. It has a very nice skin feel and the OS scent lasts in a subtle and pleasing way all day.

You can get a billowy lather from these soaps if you bowl lather them. They take a lot of time and a fair amount of water.

I almost never bowl lather. I may give it a try just to see if these will lather...but these soaps are no longer high on my list.

This is the first soap I just cannot lather...

I was very hopeful that it would revive memories of decades of Old Spice shaves...but it just does not work for me.

Top Bottom