What's new

A Compromise.on Aromatics

So after my wife being against my Englishes/Balkans, and then having her friend's children ransack my pipe collection that I was going to sell, she has taken pity on her husband and has told him that if he would like to smoke in the house, he can. But this pipe of peace (huh, get it?) comes at a price: it will have to be filled with aromatics.

That said, are there any aromatics that are tolerable? I've heard MacBaren's are okay if you aren't sucking too much to get bit. And I already like Lakelands...

I really want to try Cherry Ambrosia or Vanilla Flake now...

Sounds like I need to get find some samples.

I'm just getting into some aromatics myself, and I've found Sutliff Maple Street and C&D Green River Vanilla are pretty good. I'd go with a Virginia & Burley combo blend, as it seems to mellow out the "nuttiness" of straight burley.

boswell aromatics are great. frog morton cellar is fantastic and has a really great room note that my girlfriend enjoys.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I recently was gifted a tin of Davidoff Red and it wasn't too bad. Mostly Cavendish and smells nice.

I don't venture into aromatics all that often but every once in a while I indulge. I am a fan of just straight black cavendish. Has a really nice room note and is fairly kind in the bite department but has a good spicy flavor that I like. Hints of anise is what I tend to find in some I've tried.

+1 on Boswells stuff. In addition to that:

Dan Tobacco Milonga
Dan Tobacco Devil's Holiday
Peterson's University Flake (less aro, but still aro-ish - love this stuff!)

I actually like Maplestreet as well - nice to hear another BOTL who actually likes the stuff! It was my first tobacco.

Mac Baren Plumcake is good and not particularly bitey

Captain Black White is actually not bad. Plus it's cheap.

Of course there is another alternative you've not mentioned - smoke bowls of 1792 Flake and Tambolaka for a while. After those, any other blend will have a good room note!

i am pretty much settled in the area of aromatics, i will smike what i have and then move on, but i am going to try some straight burleys , my first off will be a simple hawsepiper, Sir walter raleigh

Top Bottom