What's new

50 cal Razor Handle?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I made some razor handles out of some spent 30-06 casings a few years ago. They came out great. Very usable. I forget who the gentleman was, but he PIF'ed some fittings to make these handles. I love them. Anyways, a couple of months back I was getting some "lead therapy" with some 50 caliber rifles and kept one of the casings to see if I could make a razor handle with it. As with all things it got lost in a pile of stuff for a while. I came across it just now, and did this mockup. Too much? It may be too big. :eek2: What do you all think?

2022-07-07 10.09.30.jpg

Here it is next to the 30-06 razor handles....

2022-07-07 10.10.15.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I made some razor handles out of some spent 30-06 casings a few years ago. They came out great. Very usable. I forget who the gentleman was, but he PIF'ed some fittings to make these handles. I love them. Anyways, a couple of months back I was getting some "lead therapy" with some 50 caliber rifles and kept one of the casings to see if I could make a razor handle with it. As with all things it got lost in a pile of stuff for a while. I came across it just now, and did this mockup. Too much? It may be too big. :eek2: What do you all think?

View attachment 1484175

Here it is next to the 30-06 razor handles....

View attachment 1484176
I don't think it is too big. There are some really ginormous handles out there that dwarf that casing.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I love it and yeah, a .50 cal handle, I would love that a lot. 🤗

No kidding: I told @ClumsyBull a while ago I would love a tungsten rod or tank shell sabot penetrator formed into handle. A long and heavy one. My guilty pleasure. I even wondered how radioactive deactivated uranium is and if it could be used as handle. 😎

I am a bit worried about the grip of a case turned into a handle though. Did you fill something in?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
How does it balance? Do you fill it with epoxy and/or shot?
That casing is heavy enough already. Truth be told, I just looked at my stash of spare handles for something that fit snuggly. And the Razorock Titanium Halo handle fit right in there! I just need to epoxy it in there now. It's not like I would use that handle as it was. So it will get a second life.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
That casing is heavy enough already. Truth be told, I just looked at my stash of spare handles for something that fit snuggly. And the Razorock Titanium Halo handle fit right in there! I just need to epoxy it in there now. It's not like I would use that handle as it was. So it will get a second life.
A double wall, insulated razor handle. Yeti will be jealous. ;)

Wow... I must say, I am impressed. Although I do imagine the weight may be a little on the high side since you are fitting another handle inside the cartridge. Polish it up and I think you have an amazing piece though! Kudos! Thanks for flagging this @Iridian bloody amazing.

Top Bottom