What's new

5 Straights in 10 Days

proxy.php

Federick Reynolds 6/8 | Badger Brush | CC Large Bowl | LA Shaving Co Topanga Fougère | Florida Water | Le Labo Bergamote 22

As instructed, I opened Doc's present this morning before my shave. In side, I found LA Shaving Co Topanga Fougère soap (and a sample of black rose), a stunning badger brush, a razor stand, and the Le Labo.
:w00t::w00t::w00t: Thank you, Dan! This is a wonderful Christmas present.

Since the last time I posted, I ran out of alum so I'll be using the Bloc Osma Alum until it runs out now. I'll probably keep storing it in the plastic Gentleman Jon case. I've also purchased a small piece of a Chinese Natural stone to learn basic touch up honing on and finally used it this morning. The FR had felt a little dull, so I spent some time with the stone, then pasted balsa, and my strop before today's shave. It seems better, but not perfect. I'm happy with my first attempt to sharpen metal by rubbing it on a rock.

proxy.php

The soap and brush were wonderful. The scent is almost a perfect rendition of a fresh green woodsy forest with a touch of sweet grass & conifer. The scent is amazingly balanced and blended so that the only individual note I really noticed was geranium. Everything else just sits in here together and crates a wonderful overall scent.

The Bergamote 22 started off with lots of citrus and something that makes me think of pink bubblegum in a good way. The bubblegum fades within 15 minutes and it becomes a clean slightly spicy citrus with a touch of sour in it (petitgrain). After a few hours, it warms up a touch and it seems to have some sweet amber that comes out. It is very pleasant and natural smelling. I feel like I'm down wind from a citrus grove very early in the growing season.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!

Hey Nick - Happy New Year! Hope everything is going well and that you have been getting in some good shaves. As with other journals - I enjoy following along with your entries and the progress you make.

Top Bottom