What's new

3D Razor!

I've been messing around with stereo photography lately.
I'm not very good at it yet, but the results are becoming passable so I thought I'd post this one I took of a straight.

There's definitely a knack to viewing them. You have to go cross eyed and overlap the images to make a third image in the middle, which will then be in 3D.

It's very hard to explain, but it works similar to those 'magic eye' pictures that were all the rage a few years ago. Once you 'get it', the image will jump right out at you :biggrin:

proxy.php

P.S. You need to be able to see all of both of the images, Firefox users right click and select 'view image'. IE users, get firefox :biggrin:

Seriously though, if you can't resize it to fit, you might be better off saving it to your computer and viewing it from an image viewing program by selecting 'fit to screen'.

Good luck :cool:

Cool, took a minute but I got the third image clear in the center and it was nice and 3D. Is it two of an identical photo?

I can get it for a few seconds at a time, but my eyes keep messing up. And now Im having trouble focusing on anything! :biggrin:

Cool, took a minute but I got the third image clear in the center and it was nice and 3D. Is it two of an identical photo?

Nope, it's two slightly different photos.
You have to take one photo with your left eye, then slide the camera over to your right eye keeping as still as possible, and take another photo.
That way the two photos give a slightly different perspective just like our two eyes do, which gives the image depth.
Then you get the two images and swap them over so the one you took with your left eye is on the right and vice versa, paste them together and voila!

Holy ****, that worked perfectly!!!!!!
So cool!!!!
We need a whole 'nother subforum for 3D shave gear pictures!!!!!

AAGGGHHH!!! It's following me! :biggrin:
it's like the Mona Lisa, it's like it's looking at you no matter which way you turn your head

cool, good job!

EDIT: I wonder, though, if it would work better with smaller size images? or is bigger more beneficial?

Here's a rather more spectacular one which shows how good these things can be if done by a professional with the proper equipment.

Sadly I was not the photographer....

proxy.php

What an art form... I just wish I could a more clear image... no matter how hard I try, I get a fuzzy image.

You have to let your eyes relax and stop trying to focus.
Keep looking and you'll get it, I recommend the second image....

Top Bottom